Hacking Wii U BackUp to new console?

YoshiOglet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm new to the Wii U modding community. I have a Wii U with the HomeBrew Launcher on firmware 5.5.1. I got an offer for a free upgrade from gamestop. To a Black 32gb Wii U. I've installed atleast 40 backups on my external HDD. I don't know the exact terms (sorry) but the method I installed the games by using the WUP installer. Do any of you guys know if i can just plug my HDD with my backups in a new Wii U and be able to play then right away? Or does the Wup installer sign it to that machine only?

Last edited by YoshiOglet,

YoshiOglet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just keep the one you got

You would have to reinstall all of them

OK, the reason why I was asking is because the Wii U I received is beat up. I'll just see if they will meet halfway and just give me a discount on my current system.

Would it work if I used Mocha CFW? Or does the wii u force you to format?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Or does the Wup installer sign it to that machine only?
Wupinstaller does nothing about that. It depends on the tickets. Of course, if you installed the app unofficially chances are the ticket is configured for all consoles.

But this applies to the installation files, not encrypted drives. Backup your saves, format the disk on the new console, get CFW, reinstall software, restore saves

lembi2001

Trophies
XP
Country
The ticket doesn't contain any console information if you used WUP Installer. The problem you have is that the drive is encrypted with a Unique Key that uses the console ID to encrypt the drive. There is no way around this and using the drive on another machine is not currently possible.

Reactions: YoshiOglet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: