Wii U 5.5.1E Advice?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by CloudStrife1901, May 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloudStrife1901
    OP

CloudStrife1901 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2016
    Hello guys and girls just after some advice here, I've currently just got my hands on a Wii U which is on firmware 5.5.1E, how would i go on about installing a kernel exploit? If there is one available for the firmware, I've installed the homebrew channel onto a sd card and that boots up straight away by entering the mii maker, I've searched all over the place for specific guides etc and everything's just a complete mess so I've given up on looking, any help for the noobie will be appreciated =)

I've got loadiine to boot also by placing it's contents onto the sd but haven't gotten around to trying backups has of yet (heard it requires a kernel exploit) Just need some input to how i go with all this

2. AboodXD

AboodXD I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.

Oct 11, 2014
    United Arab Emirates
    Not under a rock.
    I'm struggling so hard to understand.
    You want some advice for loading backups using loadiine?

3. kbmarinha

kbmarinha GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 21, 2009
    Brazil
    I thought I would get some advice... leaving thread...

vinipeix, ArturDat3DS, CeeDee and 2 others like this.
  4. Patxinco

Patxinco Riding a Shooting Star

Apr 18, 2011
    If you can launch loadiine, you can already use backups, the kernel exploit had been installed the first time you seen the illuminati image, IIRC.

5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    If you can launch homebrew launcher and loadiine, you already have the kernel exploit (it's bundled with the latest Loadiine and Homebrew Launcher www packages as they require it to boot)
    You just need some games in the right format and in the right folder on the SD card and they should just work.

Here's a little guide on setting up games for Loadiine that I wrote previously:

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, May 17, 2016
    CloudStrife1901 likes this.
  6. Swiftloke

Swiftloke Hwaaaa!

Jan 26, 2015
    United States
    Nowhere
    Wow, what a great tutorial! Favorited.

ArturDat3DS and Bubsy Bobcat like this.
  7. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

GBAtemp Patron
    pwsincd is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    Nice tutorial

8. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 26, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    This guide will take you though blocking updates from Nintendo to getting the Homebrew Channel up and running, complete with 5.5.1 compatible homebrew apps to get you started: Easy Nintendo Wii U 2.1.0 to 5.1.1 Homebrew Channel Hack Guide

It looks like someone has explained how to get games up and running earlier in this thread.

CloudStrife1901 likes this.
  9. CloudStrife1901
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2016
    Thanks for advice people, at least somebody's on here willing to give out help unlike the rest of the sarcastic comments i see

NecroPod likes this.
  10. Patxinco

Patxinco Riding a Shooting Star

Apr 18, 2011
    I can't see where my comment is a sarcasm, pointing me out where is greatly apreciated.

11. Swiftloke

Swiftloke Hwaaaa!

Jan 26, 2015
    United States
    Nowhere
    It gets old very quickly seeing a newbie make YET ANOTHER one if THESE threads. Threads like these are literally made every other day and are only one of the problems plauging the temp today. Furthermore, you asked for help in a section called 'tutorials'. If you don't see a problem with that then i can't help you. Finally I see no reason to help a user when a few threads below his is a thread called 'How to use Loadiine for Noobies'.

12. Matzeus

Matzeus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Does this mean, if i want to use SDCafiine for example in SmashU, i just have to launch the kernel exploit once and then no more time again? Even after a shutdown?
    And what would happen, if my WiiU decides to update?

13. Deck of Noobs

Deck of Noobs Politically Incorrect

Apr 9, 2016
    United States
    3ds.guide
    rip kernel exploit 1337 - 420 BC

14. CloudStrife1901
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2016
    A
    Already sorted it out now with the help off others on here, and also where else am i supposed to ask for some advice? I couldn't see anything on the forums to post so yeah i stuck it here,

15. Swiftloke

Swiftloke Hwaaaa!

Jan 26, 2015
    United States
    Nowhere
    Ah. I understand now. You're new to forums aren't you? In cases like these, you're supposed to post on the tutorial I referenced above staring that you're having problems. Also, you're not supposed to post in the wrong section. The tutorial section in particular is an annoying place to post as it'll stay on the home page of the site until enough real tutorials (or more threads like these) replace it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.