Hacking Wii Theme Team Creations

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
some of the early themes had more than one mym file that was needed to make a theme work correctly

i know the street fighter theme is one

you use the runfirst.mym on your base app makes 1.csm
rename 1.csm to 1.app
use main.mym with 1.app makes 2.csm

if theres a 3rd mym the process continues

the final csm you make is the one you install on your wii

fatherjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
diddy81
"use main.mym with 1.app makes 2.csm "

thats the bit I couldnt get my head round - I had renamed the first csm to .app on my desktop, but when i start the process over again how do i point to it??
any help appreciated
smile.gif

fatherjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
lol,
think I just worked it thru
blush.gif

I had my sysmenu app in the thememii root folder, so wasnt getting the 'no base app found' prompt window - it was automatically finding the 0000008a.app and using it before I had a chance to point it to my renamed csm from step 1
thanx for the help all...........
rofl.gif

FOUR posts today!!! I am on FIRE!!!!!!!

yabel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok been Tweaking my over and over and now I have the urge to add custom menu.. Been slow to do it to make sure I do it right and from advice here seems pretty straight forward. The Red looks great and
Wii OS Leopard looks tight but might be hard to navigate. Love having custom skins tested and made w/o fuss on my end. Not big on Game menus but others look good. Thx and has any more been made?

Malibran

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hello

The Wii Red Theme is really wunderful!
So i want install the Theme on my Wii.
I Have a Pal Wii with 4.3ev1 FW.
HBC 1.0.8, BootMii as IOS, PriiLoader, crazyIntro Video, ciosX rev19

This File: DarkWii Red with wii theme team edits PAL Download, what must i do with them?
I dont won`t brick my Wii.

Thank You for your help!
It`s really wunderful and a very good Page here!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
You need to download thememii, and use it to download the *.app for your 4.3E Wii (ModMii can also download this), then use that to build a *.csm (using the DarkWiiRed *mym u already downloaded from this thread). Then install the csm file on your wii using mymenuify.

The DarkWiiRed theme is the only theme supported by ModMii. So if u prefer, instead of building the csm file yourself, u can use ModMii to download/build it (it can also download mymenuify for u too). Heck if u use the ModMii wizard, it will put everything in the right place on your sd card and even build u a guide explaining how to install the theme.

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
You need to download thememii, and use it to download the *.app for your 4.3E Wii (ModMii can also download this), then use that to build a *.csm (using the DarkWiiRed *mym u already downloaded from this thread). Then install the csm file on your wii using mymenuify.

thememii never got updated to include 4.3

use modmii to get everything you need and make the csm then install it with mymenuify

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9pwfLTaW8J8?si=FaKUzB-OBP92LnUD