Wii System Update

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by AJgooner23, Dec 27, 2009.

Dec 27, 2009

Wii System Update by AJgooner23 at 9:26 AM (1,607 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. AJgooner23
    OP

Newcomer AJgooner23 Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi Im new to all this so please be gentle, i got my wii modded (if thats the correct term) and i use neo gamma to boot up but downloaded games, i also have the homebrew channel.
    I got brought the Wii Sports resort game for xmas but its asking me to do a wii system update?? But im unsure if i do this if im gunna brick my wii, any help would be much appreciated as im looking forward to playing this game.
    Thank you in advance

2. kolobos

Newcomer kolobos Member

United Kingdom
    What firmware version are you running? / What version of NeoGamma are you using?

Click on the wii icon bottom left of screen and select Wii Settings - The firmware is displayed in the top right corner ie. 3.2E

You may need to use one of the guides to safely update to v4 and another guide to get it running but it will work as a friend of mine purchased it. I feel sure he had it running without v4 though and the update might just be for the motion controllers? Its been a while since i spoke with him though.

3. AJgooner23
    OP

United Kingdom
    I am running firmware Version 3.4E, and Neogamma R7.
    Thanks for your help.

4. kolobos

Newcomer kolobos Member

United Kingdom
    Wii sports resort updates to firmware version 3.4 and blocks WAD installs (this can be re-instated with Trucha bug restorer i believe)

You may find the update is safe and only blocks WAD installs as you are already on v3.4

firstly make sure you have homebrew installed. If the update removes it you'll have to go down the bannerbomb route to re-install it.

5. AJgooner23
    OP

United Kingdom
    Ok thanks kolobos i will try the update if it takes off homebrew then i will need your assisstance to go down the bannerbomb route hope you dont mind.

6. bazamuffin

Member bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

United Kingdom
    Use zektors 4.2 Safe Updater to get to firmware 4.2x (latest firmware). You can then install Preloader/Priiloader and enable 'block disc updates' to prevent getting these messages in the future. Both of these apps can be run via HBC. As always, do the research first to make sure you know what you are doing to your Wii.

7. AJgooner23
    OP

United Kingdom
    Do you not advise to run the update now before i install 'Use zektors 4.2 Safe Updater to get to firmware 4.2x (latest firmware). You can then install Preloader/Priiloader'??
    How do i access the homebrew channel and find these apps?? Sorry but like i said i am new to this. Thanks for your help Bazamuffin.

8. bazamuffin

United Kingdom
    Have a read here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=184057&hl=

The updater gets you to 4.2x from where you are now, and you will not lose HBC. Once you have run the 4.2 updater, you can then install Preloader/Priiloader.

Grab Preloader/Priiloader from here http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Priiloader.

Also grab the hacks from here http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/hacks#EUR_4.2. Just simply copy the text and paste into notepad, save as hacks.ini and place at the root of the SD card.

For your other HB apps SD structure as follows, SD:apps/folder name/boot.dol. Rename any .dol filenames to boot.dol otherwaise HBC won't recognise them. Each app is to have its own folder btw

** THERE IS NO NEED TO UPDATE OFFICIALLY IF YOU USE THIS METHOD. ALL APPS ARE USED AT YOUR OWN RISK **

9. AJgooner23
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks i will have a read and give it ago

10. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Why not just use Neogamma to boot the game and save all the hassle?!?!?

11. bazamuffin

United Kingdom
    Running 2 HB apps that are automated isn't alot of work and it will keep his IOS's up to date. Preloader/Priiloader is always handy to have on board

12. AJgooner23
    OP

United Kingdom
    The link http://sharebee.com/59c72d77 is out of date, even after completing one of the competitions etc it says it has been removed.
    So i need another link for the 4.2 update if anybody has one

Posts merged

Neogamma wont run this game(Wii sports resort) think its something to do with the motion plus

13. bazamuffin

United Kingdom
  14. AJgooner23
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thank Bazamuffin i now have the update and the hacks and priiloader, do i just put them all on to my sd card?? not sure what to do next sorry 4 being a simpleton!!

15. bazamuffin

United Kingdom
    hacks.ini goes at SD root

4.2 updater goes in SD:/apps/4.2 updater/boot.dol

Priiloader goes in SD:/apps/Priiloader/boot.dol

Make sure that any .dol files are renamed to boot.dol

Open up HBC and run the updater. Once done, run Priiloader