Hacking Wii System menu downgrade

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
SmileMan said:
skawo96 said:
SmileMan said:
Nah, the IOS37 isn't God, i'm sure that have a lot of bug, and if we don't find a way to re-use the TPHack, we can find another exploit. lol
Yes, for sure. Photo channel may be full of bugs, there is whole system to understand, not only Twilight Princess.

Not only the Photo Channel, look the Internet Channel, with doing a bit of little setting i'm sure that in the future we can acces in may page that have on the Wii the same effect what'have the TPHack.

!And LOOK what it have done. I haven't played Zelda about three weeks because of homebrew! *inserts Zelda disc*
? °°" xDD!

Yes it's right, you know Shop Channel is only a webpage! (I think, that means I have found this somewhere). So maybe, hmm if you change the save of Internet Channel and write something in opera like...bootwii...it will load these black DOS-a-like Wii black pages thingy (
biggrin.gif
)
And then it'll load the homebrew all again. And there should be another trucha-like bug.

crinz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
didnt twiizers say they had loads of exploits if twighlight ever got blocked? im sure we, the normal punters, wouldnt feel much of an impact if IOS37 was activated

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
skawo96 said:
Yes it's right, you know Shop Channel is only a webpage! (I think, that means I have found this somewhere). So maybe, hmm if you change the save of Internet Channel and write something in opera like...bootwii...it will load these black DOS-a-like Wii black pages thingy (
biggrin.gif
)
And then it'll load the homebrew all again. And there should be another trucha-like bug.

Genius! ?It's as if you have a clue what you're talking about!

Reason for edit: More obvious punctuation usage

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
hilarious, I just found marcan's answer about the so called "downgrader", worth the read:

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showpost.php?...mp;postcount=29

one sentence to resume and anihilate people's hope:

Marcan said:
How are you going to run his magical downgrader (which by the way can be coded in about 250 lines of trivial code, and we've known how to do it for ages) when Nintendo fixes the holes in the current system, and blocks all homebrew? It's like releasing a downgrader that works to downgrade from firmware 3.0 to firmware 2.0 of a PSP, except it only runs on firmware 2.0. Useless (I pulled the version numbers out of my ass because I don't follow the PSP scene, but you get my point)

spyke

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jacobeian said:
hilarious, I just found marcan's answer about the so called "downgrader", worth the read:

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showpost.php?...mp;postcount=29

one sentence to resume and anihilate people's hope:

Marcan said:
How are you going to run his magical downgrader (which by the way can be coded in about 250 lines of trivial code, and we've known how to do it for ages) when Nintendo fixes the holes in the current system, and blocks all homebrew? It's like releasing a downgrader that works to downgrade from firmware 3.0 to firmware 2.0 of a PSP, except it only runs on firmware 2.0. Useless (I pulled the version numbers out of my ass because I don't follow the PSP scene, but you get my point)
lol that is hilarious, marcan smashed him lol

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ouch, marcan shot him down. Gosh marcan doesn't like waninkoko.

Posted by jinxvorheeze:
QUOTE said:
Like gbatemp

Marcan reply:QUOTEHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHHA.
Ehm. Sorry, if you think gbatemp is where you're going to be learning (and I mean learning the truth, not learning whatever bullshit people spew these days), no wonder you don't know what the hell you're talking about.
meh.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Prime said:
ouch, marcan shot him down. Gosh marcan doesn't like waninkoko.

Posted by jinxvorheeze:
QUOTE said:
Like gbatemp

Marcan reply:QUOTEHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHHA.
Ehm. Sorry, if you think gbatemp is where you're going to be learning (and I mean learning the truth, not learning whatever bullshit people spew these days), no wonder you don't know what the hell you're talking about.
meh.

That hardly deserves a response. If you sit MaxConsole and GBAtemp next to eachother GBAtemp is a gold plated throne compared to MaxConsole's toilet. Just saying. There's a lot to be proud of here.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
QUOTE said:
Gosh marcan doesn't like waninkoko.

I think he doesn't like him because:

.Waninkoko fooled him once by asking for some code then publically released the tools without giving him any credits (he was forced to do it recently)
.all people started thinking Wanninkoko was the new DA of teh wii scene and don't give a shit about Marcan's warning or technical explanations
.his tools are encouraging piracy, which Team Twiizerswant to avoid at all cost

oh wait, I think I don't like him too, it reminds me this Yoshihiro guy too much
rolleyes.gif

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
We shouldn't support him, but heck he brings out tools. I know, I know it is based on other peoples code but the other people don't seem to release the tools they code. So props to waninkoko for releasing them.

*puts flame suit on....just in case*

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
yes, pretty hard choice

I think it's up to anyone to make his choice and that he has the right to release any tools he want as long as they are safe
But I also think people deserve to know the truth about their gods
wink.gif

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
All through this thread Jacobeian has been complaining about how this is useless. I now present an awesome metaphor for his perusal:

The reason this was made is the same reason man went to the moon. It's not really useful to us, except to gain more knowledge about space/the Wii. It doesn't have to have a point, it's just a step on the way to working out more about the system. And it will help work out how to go about installing custom firmware if it ever comes to exist too (I think so, with my limited knowledge of the Wii's insides anyways).

Also, Waninkoko may have used code he wasn't meant to, and isn't doing Team Twiizers any favours, but he's blown up the whole homebrew scene into what it is today. We wouldn't be half as far as we are without him I reckon, we'd just have that small community on Wiidev keeping it to themselves. Of course, I could be misunderstanding the situation, but as far as I can see that's the truth of it.

Cheers to Waninkoko for establishing some of the Wii homebrew publically. He did do something wrong, and I certainly don't condone what he's done, but he's still achieved a lot in the stuff he's done. Note that's not necessarily the downgrading of the firmware, as apparently they've known how to do this for ages. Though of course, note that no-one knew that, they're just keeping it to themselves.

Anyway, you could always stop moaning or just stop commenting in this thread. People don't like whingers generally.

EDIT:
And by the sounds of it, this Wiidev lot sound very high and mighty. That's not really a good thing.

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
i know bushing got all this homebrew stuff started but he's such a child about it. Hes like "it's my code and if youre not playing by rules ill scream and rant about it" Such a negative attitude sometimes, homebrew isnt all goodness. He moans how waninkoko and datel are gunna ruin the homebrew scene and how because of them nintendo will shut out the homebrew hacks......2 months later, here we still are with everything working properly. Hell he moans about people being able to pirate a few vc games but doesnt seem to think anything of emulators that allow people to pirate a few thousand titles. I know this may sound ungrateful but in a way he's kinda trying to hold the scene back. I mean look at the psp scene, if it wernt for custom firmwares, iso loaders, people taking chances to brick thier consoles the psp scene would be nowhere near as popular as it is now. Lets just face it, alot of people want to be able to downgrade thier system and as long as a clear warning is there then its up to people to take that risk.

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country
If u had a custom firmware you wouldn't go online, like with xbox360 softmod.... U could have the firmware be unable to establish a connection online until you revert back to normal system menu (toggle option?), it would be a inbuilt function...

there's many ways around it =\

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
jaxxster said:
i know bushing got all this homebrew stuff started but he's such a child about it. Hes like "it's my code and if youre not playing by rules ill scream and rant about it" Such a negative attitude sometimes, homebrew isnt all goodness. He moans how waninkoko and datel are gunna ruin the homebrew scene and how because of them nintendo will shut out the homebrew hacks......2 months later, here we still are with everything working properly. Hell he moans about people being able to pirate a few vc games but doesnt seem to think anything of emulators that allow people to pirate a few thousand titles. I know this may sound ungrateful but in a way he's kinda trying to hold the scene back. I mean look at the psp scene, if it wernt for custom firmwares, iso loaders, people taking chances to brick thier consoles the psp scene would be nowhere near as popular as it is now. Lets just face it, alot of people want to be able to downgrade thier system and as long as a clear warning is there then its up to people to take that risk.

you still don't get it, do you ? bushing is not whinning that his code has been stolen (btw, it was marcan's code) but against the fact waninkoko want to grab some attention by highlightning the word "DOWNGRADER" with something that is not useful and never will be.. and even is too dangerous to be worth the use

understand that a system menu downgrader or a custom system menu will never allow you to play ISO or to do anything new, it's just a way to go back if nintendo decide to patch the hole that actually let you install homebrew or pirated channels, or even boot trucha discs. But in this case, as this "downgrader" is also using homebrew tools (precisely, it use WAD uninstaller or something like that to remove the system Menu from your Wii then use WAD installer to install an older version extracted from a game disc), how will you run this if homebrew is blocked ? see the "paradox" ?

btw, it's not like "walking on the moon" because this is not something new or unknown: it is removing a channel title (the system Menu) then installing a WAD containing an older system Menu, both are known and done for age by the twiizer team and the code it is using is free to use in libogc, if you know the right functions to call, which Marcan once explained to Waninkoko (I guess he has some regrets now)

I repeate, don't get fooled by the word downgrader, the Wii is not a PSP and you can already run homebrew on Wii without downgrading, ISO loaders or such stuff everyone is dreaming will only come through homebrew

Sonic4Ever

Trophies
XP
Country
France
zidane_genome said:
Prime said:
zidane_genome said:
First thing that struck me as odd was that it was a WAD install... with a ticket and everything... why would the system files need a ticket?

Second, when it was rebooted, Breath of Fire 3 was in the channel line up, when it wasn't there in the 3.1 channel line up...

Just seems fake... but who knows...

Because the new firmware has different icons than the last firmware.

I have a sense that this isn't fake. We will see hopefully soon

Wait, what? Different icons for the channels... when?? The Mii channel icon has NEVER changed... EVER. And what i was pointing out was there was no Virtual Console titles on the 3.1 firmware Wii Menu, but when he "downgraded" to 2.1, Dragon Ball Z 3 was suddenly there.

It looks like this in 3.1

Disc, Mii, Photo, i can't tell the 4th
I think Nintendo Channel, Mario Kart?, Homebrew, Check Mii Out

then in 2.1 it looks like this

Disc, Mii, Photo, still can't tell
Nintendo maybe?, Mario Kart?, DBZ 3 (I have no idea how that's even there!), Homebrew
Second Homebrew channel, Check Mii Out, a second Photo

How did all the extra channels get there? That's 3 more channels than before...

Untill there is sound, and we can see the Wii involved, I'm calling it...

SHENANAGINS!

Here is Wanin's answer to the question:
The channels are not new or anything, only had hidden in another page and installing the menu will relocate all together.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv