Hacking Wii System menu downgrade

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sir-Fritz said:
Is the psp custom firmware noticible when you play games online with it?
psp's online features are not comparable to the wii.. psp's multiplayer online gaming is not sophisticated

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
wasnt moon landing a fake?
ph34r.gif

SmileMan

Trophies
Website
nintendoring.net
XP
Country
Italy
manias said:
Sir-Fritz said:
Is the psp custom firmware noticible when you play games online with it?
psp's online features are not comparable to the wii.. psp's multiplayer online gaming is not sophisticated
Is a joke? lol
Nintendo use the friend code! Yeah! The most sophsticated system for online gaming!
Anyway if Nintendo not even banned yet, we know that Nintendo don't want to ban his user.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
By the sounds of things, Bushing wrote that "the Wii is not a PSP" very much in answer to this thread and others like it. I can't help but shake the feeling one of the commenters was replying very much to this thread with:
QUOTE said:
As always a good/amusing read bushing
smile.gif

You don’t know how often I am tempted to post an anwser in such threads - but right after I open the reply page I close it again because I know nobody will listen…
I hope people will believe your article but I doubt it since the custom-firmware-kiddies are usually the same kiddies who think you wouldn’t want any code/programs to be released and waninkoko brought the wii “homebrew scene” to “the people”… (Attention! slang: translate “homebrew” as “wiiware/vc piracy”)

I feel like reconsidering a lot that I've said considering this information, but it's kinda the fact Bushing never told us this. Granted, we never asked, but it's not our fault we're misinformed and don't know the Wii's programming inside-out. I just feel he's taking a big stab at anyone who's making guesses at what's happening with CFW and such.
Meh, I'm not really sure what to think any more, my mind's kinda blank lol. I'll just withdraw myself from this whole "whose homebrew is whose, and what it should be used for" argument, and just do what I want. Honestly, all this arguing over crap is driving me round the bend.
Anyway, as long as everyone respects each other and what they're doing I have no problem. I can't stand for any more, "those little children sceners say blah blah blah". All this is, is a forum full of people talking about things. Why should we be insulted for what we say, even if it is stupid? I'm really starting to feel like some people think they're above "these types" of forums, and have to be all high and mighty about it.

We're all people, we all like playing on the Wii and using homebrew with it (be it piracy or not), so why can't we just get on and be equal?

Sorry for my random rant, just fed up of all the arguing. And tired lol.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Trolly said:
All this is, is a forum full of people talking about things. Why should we be insulted for what we say, even if it is stupid? I'm really starting to feel like some people think they're above "these types" of forums, and have to be all high and mighty about it.

We're all people, we all like playing on the Wii and using homebrew with it (be it piracy or not), so why can't we just get on and be equal?

because it is important to "educate" people on forums and to denounce misinformation or speculation when it's possible
sorry if you feel insulted but as someone said, most people generally prefer to stay blind and keep believing what they are hoping for, refusing to see the truth even when facts and arguments are exposed to them

what do I get when argumenting against this so called downgrader ? that I was a "troll" or just jealous. I bet that those people never took the time to read what I've written or linked, these were facts. I think that for Bushing and Marcan, it's the same, they get pissed that most people never want to listen or believe what they told 100x times, hence their reaction. This would not happen if people were a little more patient and had lesser "fanboy" reactions... or at least took the time to inform themselves.

bailli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Trolly said:
By the sounds of things, Bushing wrote that "the Wii is not a PSP" very much in answer to this thread and others like it. I can't help but shake the feeling one of the commenters was replying very much to this thread with:
bailli said:
As always a good/amusing read bushing
smile.gif

You don’t know how often I am tempted to post an anwser in such threads - but right after I open the reply page I close it again because I know nobody will listen…
I hope people will believe your article but I doubt it since the custom-firmware-kiddies are usually the same kiddies who think you wouldn’t want any code/programs to be released and waninkoko brought the wii “homebrew scene” to “the people”… (Attention! slang: translate “homebrew” as “wiiware/vc piracy”)

You almost got it right. That comment is only partly a response to this thread. But let me explain me current picture of GBATemp etc.

I started to get (a little) involved in this board with the trucha signer because I cannot resist when there are some new things to discover.
But since I am not really gifted concering reverse engineering and that stuff I have to stick for interpreting byte patterns and config files
and so on (i.e. __update.inf, main.dol...) and maybe writing a little tool.
But I soon started to find it tiring to actively participate in this board because in my (subjective) opinion much more people around here
tend to just ask questions/problems without browsing/searching the relevant websites/threads beforehand.

So everytime I see a thread like "Is someone making a ISO loader?" I find it amusing since I know exactly that if at all these loaders are
at least a year away, but I also find it sad because in my opinion any mods (be it just a customization, modchips/softmod,...)
should only be used by people who invested some time to understand a little about the system they are trying to modify because it is
interesting to learn something about your wii/psp/whatever. In my opinion you should mod something because of the fun you have
doing/reading up on the mod - not to show off your inverted cell phone display off to your friends. I own a Xbox1 and a Wii and both are
chipped but not because I want to save money but because of the homebrew(not stolen VC/WiiWare!) possibilities - had I known real
wii homebrew would work from the beginning w/o modchip my console would still be unmodded (btw my Xbox is modded because I
messed up my harddrive will trying to hotswap the unlocked hdd ^^. Playing Sam'n'Max lying on the bed is really fun!)
Okay even if you don't find it intersesting to read up on things I still think it is your duty to try and understand the relevant parts for your
goal on your own (be it even installing WiiWare titles) because you are trying to do in fact something privilegded - something the device
is not originally designed for and therefore only a smaller number of people even know that this is possible...

So Trolly saying bushing did never tell any facts is more or less your fault too. You know, you are aloud to read all the articles on hackmii.com
and the wiibrew wiki and you are aloud to just stay and listen in the #wiidev channel (and of course you are aloud to ask reasonable questions).
There is much information about how the wii really works and why nobody should get their hopes up when the next ISO loader thread pops up.

So now everybody can flame me because I just got "all high and mighty" by criticising VC/WiiWare piracy and definding bushing, etc.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, I have to say that was a better response than I expected. That's your opinion of course, people have as much right as they want to know or not know about the console. I personally think it would take too long for me to learn about the insides of a console, and at the end of the day, it probably wouldn't benefit me greatly. Though I can see where you're coming from about all these questions, more and more pointless questions have started popping up recently.

And, I was getting a little in over my head with the "getting all high and mighty" comment. But I just think you should stop acting like other points of view are stupid. If people want to pirate, let them. If they want to ask stupid questions, let them.

And all these misinformed answers annoy me as much, so I feel for you. Just felt you were all overreacting a bit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @K3Nv2 I'm still not really convinced that sylverrez is a girl lol