Wii System Menu 4.2E Glitch

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by m0i0k0e, Jun 20, 2010.

Jun 20, 2010

Wii System Menu 4.2E Glitch by m0i0k0e at 4:41 PM (982 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. m0i0k0e
    OP

Newcomer m0i0k0e Member

United Kingdom
    Ok , here goes...

My Wii is softmodded to play back-up games through NeoGamma. I don't have cIOSCORP or any other backup launcher. I'm not sure what cIOS I have installed because I modded my wii ages ago.

I had a back-up of Call Of Duty:Modern Warfare Reflex in my Wii and I was on a virtual console game ( Super Mario Bros 3 to be exact) and I left it on overnight. When I went back on my Wii the next day I pressed the home button and went back to the Wii menu. When the Wii menu loaded the disc channel had recognized my game and i could load the game through the disc channel. Ive only been able to recreate this glitch twice and I'm not sure if the virtual console game has to be Super Mario Bros 3 because I don't have any other games.

If you are able to recreate this glitch please comment or if you have experienced it before please say.

If you have any questions I'll be happy to answer.

2. Drag0nflamez

Member Drag0nflamez GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    If there was a way to find out which ios is running...

3. calthephenom

Member calthephenom GBAtemp Regular

United States
    maybe the wiiware was running a cIOS'd IOS?

4. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    reading the disc banners via the disc channel means you must a cIOS patched system menu IOS.

you have some cIOSCORP [now DARKCORP] related material installed in your wii.

5. m0i0k0e
    OP

Newcomer m0i0k0e Member

United Kingdom
    Well I don't think I do because the guide I used said it only boots from a loader and also when I take the disc out and put it back in it doesn't read it. In NeoGamma it says at the bottom 'IOS249 (Rev 17)' if that helps.