Gaming Wii Sports

rabbit1654

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So here is what I found and just copy and pasted + what I figured out...

Bowling
Change bowling ball color
As The screen is fading to black for bowling, hold down the control pad until it fades to bowling for these colors:
Code Effect
Control Pad Up Blue Ball
Control Pad Right Gold Ball
Control Pad Down Green Ball
Control Pad Left Red Ball

Easter Eggs
Scare Crowd in Bowling

To scare the crowd while bowling, start the regular motion for bowling and let go on the backswing. The ball will fly backwards and the crowd will scream and jump.

Secrets
91 Pin Strike in Power Bowling Training

To get an automatic 91 pin strike in the last round of Power Bowling, Throw the ball on the right or left rail (depending on if you are right or left handed) so that it stays on it the whole time. If it reaches the end without falling off, you will hear a "click" and an explosion. Then all the pins will fall down from the shockwave. NOTE: This only works on the last round.

Tennis
Change the tennis court
To change the tennis court to the blue practice court, press and hold (2) at the warning screen that shows after selecting characters.

Super Serve
When you serve the ball just hit it in it's highest point and it will give full throttle.

The big Tennis lie
There is no difference between fore- and backhand. It just takes you time and confuses you to switch the side you smash the ball. Simply stay on the forehand side even if the ball is coming on your backhand. Much more enjoyable ;-)

Golf
Play Golf without maps or meters
To disable the power meter, map, and the wind speed indicator, press and hold (2), then make a selection at the "Select a Course" screen.

Boxing
Silver Boxing Gloves
After you've beaten the Grand Champion, Matt, in a boxing match you'll be able to wear silver boxing gloves. To do so, hold (1) when the screen becomes black before a boxing match.

Unlockables
Special Bowling Ball

Get to pro level to unlock a bowling ball with diamond designs on it.

By the way - am I the only one righthanded not gettin' the right effet? It's so hard to do - even the straight ones always have left effet :'(

WrathofGod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what do u mean at the bottom of your post? My dad bowls left handed even though his charecter is right handed and it goes real straight?

rabbit1654

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I mean that is very hard for me and my character (both righthanded) to throw the ball with a right-effet. Let me say it only works out in 2-5 % in all throws. And I'm askin' myself if I'm the only one with that problem.

By the way throwing the ball left while playin' a lefthanded character makes it more difficult to throw an left-effet one. I've got to try that again.

SilverAnalyst

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My character is right handed. I also find it hard to put a spin on the ball to make it go right. I can easily put quite a strong left spin on the ball by twisting the wii-mote anti-clockwise. However when I try twisting the wii-more clockwise I don't really get a right spin. Also my straight shots usually have an ever so slight left spin. I guess it's just something I'm going to have to practice.

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think you guys may just need practice with your bowling.
My friend had a hard time spinning the ball right and complained that the ball always spun to the left. I showed him how I could spin it hard right or left so maybe these tips will help you too.

Try to release the ball close to the floor, if you toss the ball high it will not spin nearly as much as a quick release close to floor level.

Make sure you are rotating the wiimote for spin and not flicking it to the sides.

Rotate the wiimote at the right time. It will do you no good to spin too soon before you release B (like rotate [pause] throw) or continue to rotate after releasing B.

Like all the wiimote movements you have to use the acceleration of the rotation to make the spin stronger. A large movement will only work if done quickly so a short sharp rotation seems to work best for a large spin or a slower but also small rotation for a lesser spin.

Hope that helps, I am a pro bowler after all..

rabbit1654 thanks for the tips, now I can have a green bowling ball whenever I want!!

SilverAnalyst

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
More easter eggs!
laugh.gif

Want more easter eggies!
grog.gif

How about some for WiiPlay?
ph34r.gif

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not sure if this is common knowledge but in Baseball when pitching if you press the 1 button it will make a sound and you then throw pitches sorta sideways (don't know the real term) until you press 1 again.
I only found that out last night.

xflash

Local Ninja
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
meh i can't really see why you guys ave so much trouble with bowling. my ball pretty much always go straight yet i always hear about people complaining about the screw on their ball

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I have no problem at all having my bowling ball spin to the right direction.
I just throw the ball and twist my hand from left to right at the end of my move. It always go where I want
smile.gif

I've just done 7 strikes in 1 game (only 1 turkey), I need to keep on improving!

kag

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Baseball
when pitching A or B gives curves and A + B gives low balls
1 pitches using underhand i think.

just go look at gamefaqs they have everything about wii sports
and of course press home button and restart game before it says you lose to prevent losing points

Epskampie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The one about the The big Tennis lie is simply not true. At least, not once you've reached pro level. I just tried it, and if you make a fore-hand movement when the ball comes on your back-hand side, you simply miss.
I have a question about wii boxing O.o

what determines if ur player gets back up?!! >.>;;I think it's random.
Not true, it depends on how often you where knocked down before, and how fast you where knocked down this time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo