Hardware Wii Speak issue

Videomanman87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a Wii Speak (a package deal with a Blue Oceans 2 at a price that was a steal) and have HBC, HackMii, cIOS, USBloaderGX, installed and running. I also used NUS Downloader to download the wii speak channel and installed the WAD. The channel runs no problem but it then says connect my wii speak when it is already connected.

Obviously it needs something else, anyone have a idea what?

Videomanman87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok digging further I see it uses IOS 56, which I had heard before but thought I must be missing something else since I have 56 as it was installed before soft moding the Wii. I got to thinking about what else could it be and I remembered all the other Nintendeo Channels (shop, weather, everyone votes etc) will not work at all if Wii Connect 24 is off! Although those all say "wii connect 24 is off please enable to use this channel" or something to that effect.

The Wii Speak channel only said "Wii Speak is not connected", but sure enough turning on Wii Connect 24 fixed the issue. The Wii Speak channel ran, and I was able to set up/test the microphone (which is all I wanted to do at this point). Must be a bug they never fixed. I bet it is suppose to say Wii Connect is not enabled not Wii Speak is not connected. ;) Or they got cheap and didn't design two error messages when they should have lol.

Videomanman87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes that is true. The fans do not run when the Wii is in standby mode (off with the power light amber) and if it is the summer you may get a baked Wii. The easy way around this is to turn off stand by mode under the Wii Connect 24. Of course if anyone has soft modded and plan to leave on Wii Connect 24 they had better turn off updates via Priiloader. :)

Personally I don't have a reason to leave it on unless I needed. So I just turn it on when using Nintendo channels then back off after. Easy to remember if i forget when I shut off the Wii, the power light is amber instead of RED which means fully off and Wiiconnect24 is not on.

I suppose if you wanted Wiiconnect 24 on all the time you could plug in extra cooling fans for the Wii (I have seen a few around). But if they are designed to run off of Wii's USB power better plug them into a powered USB hub that has a AC adapter, then the fans will run all the time the HUB is powered. I do that for a laptop of mine to have the cooling pad run for a while after the laptop is shut down. But I still would just turn it off Wii Connect 24. But to each their own.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill