Gaming Wii shutdown/blacked out.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I find it heats up more when it's vertical, because one of the fans gets blocked. Only time mine's crashed is using Gmail in the browser though.

You have to use the grey standard to put your wii in, it has a hole in it so the fan does not get blocked
tongue.gif

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Happened to my friends gamecube. Even though its not Wii, its electronic, and it could be that it surged / brown-outed.
Or it could be that it overheated and its overheat protection kicked in. However, Nintendo things generally don't overheat. The last Nintendo thing i heard overheat was the N64, and i fixed that by removing the jumper pak cover. Will heat plague the Wii like the PS3?

chaka_kahn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wii froze as well, twice now, both times when accessing my Gmail account, but it didn't go black for me. It simply froze much like a PC would. Everything just stopped on the screen and i couldnt move. all i had to do wass I had to restart it the first time, but it happend again today (on Gmail) and now my Wii freezes every time i turn it on. It only allows about 2-3 seconds once the Wii channel interface pops up, and then everything on screen stops and i cant even turn the system off without doing a hard shut-down. Any advice?

xiaNaix

Trophies
Website
xiaNaix.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting frozen black screens on mine all the time now. From reading other sites, including Nintendo's own forums, it seems to be a fairly common issue. I'm going to put up with it a bit longer before calling Nintendo for a replacement.

MohammadKoush

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here i was playing with my ds, and i looked at my tv screan it was black nothing just darn black i moved my remote left right up down nothing did it, i even pushed the power butten still nothing but i looked back at my ds and still works WTF ...

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
i have to say, this is the first Nintendo product I've had where it's not indisrtucable and sometimes extremely unstable. Sometimes when you put the disc in it doesn't seem to get into postiion properly and has a fit when trying to load, the controllers sometimes go mental flashing and have to be re-synced and sometimes I get a black screen and have to unplug it from the wall. They're just minor irritations, but from hearing other people on forums they seem quite common.

xiaNaix

Trophies
Website
xiaNaix.net
XP
Country
United States
The black screen freezes got so bad today that I could hardly do anything with it. I'm pretty sure it's the internal memory getting corrupted. I called Nintendo and they are sending a replacement.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No problems to report with my US Wii, saying that however I have yet to connect to the net with it =/.
Really hope mine doesn't screw up, cos it'd be near impossible to get NOE to exchange it. =(

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I only had one freeze when I inserted Wii Sports, just black screen. Otherwise been working great. Something is iffy about using the trial opera on youtube though, some videos it plays it all the way through fine and some it stops intermediate way.....not sure what the problem is there but I can't complain.

stripeyonefromta

Trophies
XP
Country
I have found the problem with the wii.. why it blacks out it is due to overheating i found the reason for this was the 40mm fan in the wii was not rotating at all during gameplay i spun the fan when power was on and it kicked into life and i have been keeping an eye on it and it only blacks out when the fan is not spinning.. for those people who have the problem with blackouts i recomend you call nintendo and see about a replacement...

hope this helps you ppl out there with this problem

nuaimat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
stripeyonefromtas said:
I have found the problem with the wii.. why it blacks out it is due to overheating i found the reason for this was the 40mm fan in the wii was not rotating at all during gameplay i spun the fan when power was on and it kicked into life and i have been keeping an eye on it and it only blacks out when the fan is not spinning.. for those people who have the problem with blackouts i recomend you call nintendo and see about a replacement...

hope this helps you ppl out there with this problem

Please see this thread ( http://gbatemp.net/t261417-dead-wii-no-power )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, I know what it is. :creep: