Gaming Wii Semi Brick problem

zangrel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I semi bricked my moded NTSC-J Wii. I really don't know how and when it happened, I just bought a Alien Syndrome and Escape from bug island game and updated my Wii using system update. Then both games worked perfectly and to my surprised when i was about to go my settings menu, it just shows a white screen referring to a error and the go to opera blah blah. Is there a way to repair my Wii? please help I am really new to this forum. Thanks

Foxstar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Did you actually "buy" the games you mentioned? Because if you run a region frii patched game on a different region Wii often there will be an update included which can semi-brick your wii since the different region firmware update is installed on your wii..........If that makes sense.

EDIT: Did the wii update via the games? Or did you do it through the wii systems menu. Also what current Wii firmware are you (if you can check or remember)

Tripp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You need to find a NTSC-J game that has a firmware update newer than what you updated with. Try the newer NTSC-J games. I have a NTSC-US console so I can't help with that.

Can anyone else help...
smile.gif

zangrel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated my Wii via System update, then the game performed the system update which will cause the Wii to play Bug Island and Alien Syndrome. the last thing i remember, is that my Wii is 2.2J, then i did the system update.

Tripp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I updated my Wii via System update, then the game performed the system update which will cause the Wii to play Bug Island and Alien Syndrome. the last thing i remember, is that my Wii is 2.2J, then i did the system update.

Was one of those 2 games from a differant region other than NTSC-J. If so reread my post above and keep trying new NTSC-J games it's your best shot.

Hope it works for you...
smile.gif

edit************************

You should read this thread if you haven't already, sorry if you have...
smile.gif

JPN Wii users guide...?, A general thread for all JPN Wii users

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=53110

zangrel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah Bug Island and Alien Syndrome are both NTSC-U games and requires system updates. Thanks for the tip, I hope a Jap Wii game with a 3.0J update. Last question, Is there a Metroid Prime 3 jap ver? I heard somewhere that game may contain a 3.0J update.

zangrel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I see. thanks to the guys that gave me information upon this problem of mine. I hope someday, someone will post a possible fix for the semi bricked Wii. thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle