Hardware Wii second-to-bricked. Any help?

Ice God64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alright guys, I got a pretty major problem going here.

I'll leave the reasons for it brief, I messed up. Bad. Not sure how, either.

One thing that may be the cause is, I had at one point installed a cIOS, and I don't know if I installed it or not.

Either way, my Wii is messed up. It can boot, and I can run any games I want no problem, aside from a select few I don't even really play crashing a lot. The problem comes into play when trying to manage saved data. if I access either Wii saved data or Wii channels, it 'soft crashes'. I can move the cursor, and bring up the home menu, but I cannot slect anything, and if I try to return to the system menu, is it crashes.

That said, supposedly, Starfall is a program that would be able to fix it, I hear, but I no longer have homebrew channel, because I tried to format my Wii to fix the problem. It deleted most of my data, but the save data glitch still occurs.

So, any tips? A friend suggested that the Wii may have an internal "Reset" button to restore it to factory defaults.. Is this correct?

Before anyone says anything, I tried Google already.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question can you still save while playing your games? And then can you load you saved games?
Just trying to figure out whats going on here, Havn't ever heard of a problem like this before (Strange)

sameoman3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you have a third party Game Cube controller, plug it into the 4 port into the Wii and hold all four directional buttons at once whiel you are turning the Wii on. Then you will go into the recovery screen, this screen should have your firmware version in the bottom right hand corner. Then insert a recovery disc , you can get the ISO from HackMii. An interface should come up, in which you change things in the Wii regarding the Data Management. I'm sure that you can backup your saves onto a SD Card and then format your system and then go back to factory default.

That all the help I can give you! - Good Luck!

Ice God64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiBlaster said:
I have a question can you still save while playing your games? And then can you load you saved games?
Just trying to figure out whats going on here, Havn't ever heard of a problem like this before (Strange)
Yes. I can load and save perfectly.

QUOTE(sameoman3000 @ Feb 28 2009, 04:02 AM) If you have a third party Game Cube controller, plug it into the 4 port into the Wii and hold all four directional buttons at once whiel you are turning the Wii on. Then you will go into the recovery screen, this screen should have your firmware version in the bottom right hand corner. Then insert a recovery disc , you can get the ISO from HackMii. An interface should come up, in which you change things in the Wii regarding the Data Management. I'm sure that you can backup your saves onto a SD Card and then format your system and then go back to factory default.
Okay, so I think I got it, but all I see is a "3.4(USA)" at the bottom right... What do I do from there?

Well, I think I'm out of luck until 3.5 comes out and a disc is made for that? the current DVD I have burned.. The Wii doesn't even seem to read it. Am I doing something wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.techradar.com/pro/scientists-design-super-battery-made-with-cheap-readily-affordable-...