Wii SD...Veterans help decide please :D

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by kevenka, Jan 14, 2009.

1. kevenka
    OP

kevenka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 15, 2007
    United States
    Texas
    I recently started looking into the homebrew scene and it said I needed a wii sd card to execute some programs. I checked out deal extreme and they had quite a few selections...Any advice on which one I should get?
    Thanks,
    Kevin [​IMG]

2. ShaneC

ShaneC Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2009
    United States
    In my experience; pretty much any card will work.

I've just been using 2gig Kingston MicroSD's with an adapter. For awhile, I'd used a Trancsend 512mb as well.

I'm not sure what the consensus is now on SDHC cards though. I think (and could very well be wrong) that the SDHC isn't support by Wii software, but can be used with Homebrew.

3. djdynamite123

djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

Banned
    Sep 21, 2008
    Redcar, England UK
    true, personally i think a 2gb SD is only required... fairly decent one like kingston or whatever [​IMG]
    I on;y use a 2GB one, and have many roms etc on...

4. davedeluxe

davedeluxe GBAtemp Regular

Jan 8, 2009
    Gambia, The
    i can confirm this....nearly each sd would work. i use a 2gb pny card and testet a 2gb sandisck extreme III. both cads works great.
    you don't need this overpriced wii sd card

5. kevenka
    OP

Jul 15, 2007
    United States
    Texas
    hmm..so 2 gb is sufficient memory card aswell? and thanks for the response everybody [​IMG]

6. davedeluxe

davedeluxe GBAtemp Regular

Jan 8, 2009
    Gambia, The
    so 2 gb is sufficient memory card aswell? - yes and no. you can't use sdhc cards on the wii, so a 2gb card is the biggest one which you can get (but hbc, most emulators and some other homebrews run with sdhc cards).

7. kevenka
    OP

Jul 15, 2007
    United States
    Texas
    Thanks again Dave! Didn't know it couldn't take sdhc Xo