Hacking Wii SD Card Reader.

jchillin111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already know that my SD Card Reader on my Wii is broken, I've tested/reformatted several cards and it's just straight up broken.

Anyways, I tried plugging in a USB stick into the Wii, and this USB stick allows you to put in your SD Card, but for some reason my Wii doesn't even recognize that the SD card is in there.. What do I do to fix this>?

This is the reader I'm using: https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Portable-Reader-RS-MMC-Micro/dp/B006T9B6R2

This USB to SD Card reader works with my laptops and my main computer, so I don't know why it wont work with my Wii.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if it did work, it would just be seen as a usb drive, not an sd card. MIght work for homebrew uses, but only if they can use usb drives.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Is the wii already modded? If not, you can get the homebrew channel installed without an SD card using str2hax or flashhax. Then you can plug in a fat32 formatted hard drive to accomplish most other items. You may run into issues with priiloader system menu hacks, and definitely you won't be able to make a bootmii nand backup

Reactions: jchillin111

jchillin111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the wii already modded? If not, you can get the homebrew channel installed without an SD card using str2hax or flashhax. Then you can plug in a fat32 formatted hard drive to accomplish most other items. You may run into issues with priiloader system menu hacks, and definitely you won't be able to make a bootmii nand backup
the wii isn't modded at all. All I really want is to have Nintendont on my Wii... I already have Nintendont on my Wii U, but there's been a problem with Smash Ultimate GC Controllers and Nintendont on the Wii U, that's why I want it on my Wii.

Would that b possible?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, he told you the SD-free exploits to use, and Nintendont can run both itself and GC games from USB (not sure about saves)

Of course another option is to solve the actual problem (replacing the SD slot) instead of trying to ignore it :P

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo3Bh06drc