Battersea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.
I got installed Nintendont SEP 2021 built.Person who installed it showed me a video that everything works , before handing back to me. However when I got home I could use Wii remote on Nintendont,but as soon as I selected GameCube game the Wii remote stops working. I also have GameCube controller and third party adapter , which also doesn't work. I made complaint to my guy that is not working only to hear that I need original Wii remote. I'm not planning on playing with Wii remote,I wanted to buy MYFLASH wireless adapter. But in order to buy this I need to know that my GameCube games are properly converted. Is this possible that he could use Wii remote within the game because his was original, and my one is third party and only gets to Nintendont menu?so if my one is working on Nintendont menu,why then stops working as soon as I launch game?

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes it could be because its a fake wii remote. The same Problem exists with GX Loader with a fake pro Controller. They work inside the loader, but as u start a game they stop working because of incompatibilty.

Battersea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes it could be because its a fake wii remote. The same Problem exists with GX Loader with a fake pro Controller. They work inside the loader, but as u start a game they stop working because of incompatibilty.
Ok . I'm going to buy original Wii remote. Should I also buy original USB GameCube adapter or wireless MYFLASH to use it with remote. I heard that USB adapters are pain in the ass?

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry, whats best way to play Nintendont with Controller or with usb adapter i am out. For sure Wireless is best. But u have a lot of possibilitys that are supported especially over USB with HID- Controller because maybe every USB wired/wireless Controller can be used. so i used once the logitech wireless dualshock 2 to play.

Controller
  • GameCube-Controller, Wiimote, Classic Controller, Bongos, etc.
  • Wii U GamePad support (over WiiVC-Inject)
  • HID-Controller over USB-Port (example Dualshock 3)
  • Own Button-Layout at HID-Controller
  • Official Wii U GameCube-Controller-Adapter
  • Bluetooth-Controller

Last edited by Sypherone,

Battersea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry, whats best way to play Nintendont with Controller or with usb adapter i am out. For sure Wireless is best. But u have a lot of possibilitys that are supported especially over USB with HID- Controller because maybe every USB wired/wireless Controller can be used. so i used once the logitech wireless dualshock 2 to play.

Controller
  • GameCube-Controller, Wiimote, Classic Controller, Bongos, etc.
  • Wii U GamePad support (over WiiVC-Inject)
  • HID-Controller over USB-Port (example Dualshock 3)
  • Own Button-Layout at HID-Controller
  • Official Wii U GameCube-Controller-Adapter
  • Bluetooth-Controller
Is MYFLASH adapter usb good? It's still third party but I wanted check on here. Thank you

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Cant tell anything to it. I know there is also another one called 8bitdo adapter. Maybe its good to use for other bluetooth controller wich are not supported by Nintendont. But u need to check yourself. As example search this forum or the reviews on amazon, if nobody else response here.

Battersea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cant tell anything to it. I know there is also another one called 8bitdo adapter. Maybe its good to use for other bluetooth controller wich are not supported by Nintendont. But u need to check yourself. As example search this forum or the reviews on amazon, if nobody else response here.
I basically need anything that works with Nintendont. I saw comments on you tube from people say that it works. On Amazon most people put comments about supersmash that works,but nothing about Nintendont.

Battersea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
With a short overview, It seems that it works. Checked some posts here in the forum. Check the threads in this search for details, for not getting unwanted results if u buy them.
https://gbatemp.net/search/1050500/?q=Nintendont+mayflash&o=relevance
Ok it seems ok . What does "injected games" mean. I have my GameCube games on SD card and they show on Nintendont menu in red colour. My Nintendont is updated with SEP 2021 version.
Are my games injected? Lol sorry for dumb question but I don't know what it means. Thanks

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I dont know wich u have, a Wii or WiiU. injected means if u own a WiiU u can "inject" every Gamecube Game in WiiU Menu to run as vc (virtual console).

Battersea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I dont know wich u have, a Wii or WiiU. injected means if u own a WiiU u can "inject" every Gamecube Game in WiiU Menu to run as vc (virtual console).
Ok so on my Wii U they are not on menu or homescreen . I had it like that before but the game wouldn't save progress. So my guy reinstalled them in Nintendont.

Battersea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok . So today I got my Wii remote. And it's not working. My said that he doesn't know why and that he done everything properly. Can you tell me what possibly got wrong? I can navigate with Wii remote on Nintendont but when the game launches it doesn't work. I also updated controller zip .
I spent over£100 on this so far including petrol and I'm left with games which are not working. Does it mean I need to find someone who can do it all over again or it can be corrected by reading forums?

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you do injects I *think* there might be a way to use the mayflash adapter with fake wiimote on Gamecube games. It will ask if you want to use the gamepad you choose no then I believe the mayflash adapter should work.

Battersea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you do injects I *think* there might be a way to use the mayflash adapter with fake wiimote on Gamecube games. It will ask if you want to use the gamepad you choose no then I believe the mayflash adapter should work.
Ok after I plugged in nunchuck it works. How would I know that this is needed . Thanks

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wii Remote by itself will NOT work once a GameCube game is booted, you either need a Nunchuck (Nunchuck is not recommended because the lack of buttons available for mappings) or the Classic Controller attached to the Wii Remote, then you can be able to play GameCube games with a Wii Remote.
The WiiU's Pro Controller is a good alternative, I have fake Wii Remotes and they work fine.

Personal choice would be to use a GameCube USB adaptor with a wired GameCube controller to play.

Not ALL cheap 3rd party GC USB adaptor are the same and may not work, from experience, there has been reports that not all cheap 3rd party GC USB adapter will work, spend that little extra and grab the Mayflash version as this is known to work, or spend a little more and find/get the official Nintendo GC USB adaptor.

Also, make sure the GC USB adapter is connected to the FRONT USB ports next to the SD CARD and make sure the switch on the GC USB adapter set to WiiU, only the 3rd party adapters will have a toggle switch for WiiU or PC, official Nintendo adaptor doesn't. Reason why I said to use the FRONT USB port is because it's most likely you have the REAR USB used for your external HDD with GameCube ISO's.

To exit back to the WiiU menu while using the GC USB adapter, press the following buttons on the GC controller:
L + R + Z + Start

As for other types of GC USB adaptor, like wireless or anything else, I cant comment on these as I have not used them.

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii Remote by itself will NOT work once a GameCube game is booted, you either need a Nunchuck (Nunchuck is not recommended because the lack of buttons available for mappings) or the Classic Controller attached to the Wii Remote, then you can be able to play GameCube games with a Wii Remote.
The WiiU's Pro Controller is a good alternative, I have fake Wii Remotes and they work fine.

Personal choice would be to use a GameCube USB adaptor with a wired GameCube controller to play.

Not ALL cheap 3rd party GC USB adaptor are the same and may not work, from experience, there has been reports that not all cheap 3rd party GC USB adapter will work, spend that little extra and grab the Mayflash version as this is known to work, or spend a little more and find/get the official Nintendo GC USB adaptor.

Also, make sure the GC USB adapter is connected to the FRONT USB ports next to the SD CARD and make sure the switch on the GC USB adapter set to WiiU, only the 3rd party adapters will have a toggle switch for WiiU or PC, official Nintendo adaptor doesn't. Reason why I said to use the FRONT USB port is because it's most likely you have the REAR USB used for your external HDD with GameCube ISO's.

To exit back to the WiiU menu while using the GC USB adapter, press the following buttons on the GC controller:
L + R + Z + Start

As for other types of GC USB adaptor, like wireless or anything else, I cant comment on these as I have not used them.

This guy knows what's what. I remember your hundreds of injects for tons of different systems on the Wii U I used to download them and still have many on my Wii U. :)

Battersea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes I use MYFLASH USB connected to the front, had some other one from Amazon and didn't work. After reading this forum I learnt that only official or MYFLASH doesn't give trouble so I bought it. I also use third party GameCube controller which is working fine , I was about to get official one but people on here said that it will work as long as u have proper adapter. So my son is playing Mario Thousand Year Door and all is going great.

Plummerj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I need help I have nintendont installed on my Wii u via techmoon and I've been trying to get multiplayer working for some GameCube games Sonic heroes in this case
I use the Wii u gamepad for controller one but whenever I try to use a wiimote with official Wii classic controller pro connected the Wii controller shows slot 4 and turns off shortly after can you please help me

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Try this. Connect Gamepad and Wii Controller with pluged in Classic controller BEVOR starting Nintendont VC. Because Nintendont only accept Controller wich are already connected. Not afterwards when Nintendont already runs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good