Wii randomly messes up.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Skittles1987, Jan 1, 2011.

Jan 1, 2011

Wii randomly messes up. by Skittles1987 at 4:03 AM (843 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Skittles1987
    OP

Newcomer Skittles1987 Member

United States
    OK my wii is one of the first few out it came with system menu 2.0v01

I modded and stuck with the scene until 4.2 came out and was hacked. I upgraded to it using one of the guides out at the time and then quit playing the wii for over a year.

I came back to the scene about 3 months ago and ran the modmii guide and followed the whole guide. However after i finished the guide, my homebrew channel would only randomly load, and will just sit at a black screen most of the time. I usually have to restart the will by holding down the power button for 5 seconds and try again. Sometimes it takes 4 or 5 times before it will work.

Recently i have also started watching netflix movies on my wii and have the same problem starting the netflix channel. However sometimes this will show an error saying eject the disc and remove and sd cards i have and unplug the wii.

PS. it doesn't matter if i have my sd card in or out, or if i have my usb-hd attached.

2. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    When you power the wii off using the power button on the wiimote, do you get a red or yellow light shining at the power button of the wii?

3. darkreaperofdrea

Member darkreaperofdrea GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mexico
    remod it again

4. Skittles1987
    OP

United States
    red, but i have wiiconnect24 turned off

And what should i use to re-mod it?

So i virginize it before modding it again?

5. darkreaperofdrea

Member darkreaperofdrea GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mexico
    yep
    use modmii

6. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    DO NOT reviringize. That could become a fatal mistake. Just use modmii if you want to get your wi up to date.

But honestly, it sounds like you have other issues besides being up to date. Make sure you do a nand backup with bootmii before you do anything else just in case things go bad

7. Skittles1987
    OP

United States
    Ok i ran modmii again and followed the instructions to the T and decided to install the dark red wii theme (or whatever its called)

HBC now boots just fine everytime however if i try to run netflix or wii shop channel it says an error has occurred and to eject the disc and power the wii off.

I dont have a dvd in the drive and cant have one because my wii's dvd drive quit accepting dvds over a year and a half ago.

8. zizer

Member zizer GBAtemp Addict

you can update wii shop in modmii too

9. Skittles1987
    OP

United States
    i did i told it to install all of the mods here is the list of wads it installed

Warning: Spoilers inside!