Gaming Wii Nunchuk not working

BlazeMasterBM

I Eat Garlics
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was playing Twilight Princess and the game keeps saying my Nunchuk isn't plugged in, when it is. It happens very frequently, and sometimes, the whole Wii remote will just randomly shut off for no reason.

I swapped Nunchuks, remotes, and battery covers several times but it does nothing. What should I do?

(Also, I tried Mario Galaxy and I can't even start because my Nunchuk isn't connecting).

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Couple of things....

Is it an official Nintendo wiimote/nunchuck? If not... Bin it I'm afraid and get official versions. 3rd party copies are notoriously crap! I've had a few myself.

If they are official, check the connection port for the nunchuck at the base of the Wiimote to remove any dirt/debris.
It may not be connected properly as these clips can be broken quite easily so you would have two simple temp fixes....

One would be wrap an elastic band round the wiimote to wrap around the nunchuck connection in order to keep the connector pushed in or wrap the nunchuck connector in tin foil to give it more grip/padding when inserted into the wiimote.

Neither of these are ideal but can give you a possible temp fix while waiting on a new one to arrive. Either way, sounds like you may have to bite the bullet and buy a new official wiimote and nunchuck anyway.

Last edited by Lostbhoy,

BlazeMasterBM

I Eat Garlics
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Lostbhoy @jeannotte The cable is not damaged. I am starting to think it may be a problem with the connector port and/or plug, as you guys said.

And yes, everything I have is official EXCEPT for one battery cover, which I stopped using but it didn't help much.

I'll try what you said and let you guys know how it goes.

BlazeMasterBM

I Eat Garlics
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Lostbhoy @jeannotte The cable is not damaged. I am starting to think it may be a problem with the connector port and/or plug, as you guys said.

And yes, everything I have is official EXCEPT for one battery cover, which I stopped using but it didn't help much.

I'll try what you said and let you guys know how it goes.
Update: Nothing works but I figured out the problem.

The Nunchuk cable and connector are somehow faulty. They only work if the cable is held perfectly straight on my lap. Which isn't good because muh motion controlz.... (seriously why does every Wii game force these down your throat)

So, I'll just get a new Nunchuk. At least they're cheap

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

Update: Nothing works but I figured out the problem.

The Nunchuk cable and connector are somehow faulty. They only work if the cable is held perfectly straight on my lap.

That is not "unusal" and common,if Nunchuks where stored with the Cable wrapped around for Example.
It is not see from outside,it is called "Cablebreak"...:(
Myself had 2 Pieces of them.....not funny to play.

So,yes,it is a good Idea to get a new one.:yay:

I wish you good luck and more Fun with the new Nunchuk.
Thank you.:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can