Hacking Wii not responding to GC Controller

6HyPeR9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried a different GC controller? Maybe there's some weird short in it or something. Is it official Nintendo made or 3rd party?

It's official, and I have tried 4 different controllers now.
All official.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Try loading the game with wiiflow instead and see if that fixes your issue. I rarely use my GC controller, and I never use it for gaming. If wii flow doesn't fix your issue then it has to be an issue with the cIOS. Try loading the games using a different cIOS or even downgrading your cIOS to a lower version. Thats all I got.

and no, boot2v2 would not be the source of this issue.

6HyPeR9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try loading the game with wiiflow instead and see if that fixes your issue. I rarely use my GC controller, and I never use it for gaming. If wii flow doesn't fix your issue then it has to be an issue with the cIOS. Try loading the games using a different cIOS or even downgrading your cIOS to a lower version. Thats all I got.

I tried loading with wiiflow but wiiflow wouldn't load anything for some reason.
So I went back to CFGUSB to try a different cIOS, the ones I tried were:
All had the same outcome, loaded the game but GC still didn't work.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States

I tried loading with wiiflow but wiiflow wouldn't load anything for some reason.
So I went back to CFGUSB to try a different cIOS, the ones I tried were:
All had the same outcome, loaded the game but GC still didn't work.
Then it seems to be an issue with your cIOS if wiiflow isn't working for you for whatever reason, or just try an older version because the newer version seems to have issues.

6HyPeR9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then it seems to be an issue with your cIOS if wiiflow isn't working for you for whatever reason, or just try an older version because the newer version seems to have issues.

I downloaded an older version of Wiiflow and it loaded games.
The Wii still wouldn't read the GC controller, except this time the Wii would crash to every other cIOS except 249 and 250

6HyPeR9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It just seems like there's something I could do, also I just wanna add that whenever I push power to turn off the Wii when it loads a game through gecko/usb/ect that it freezes and I have to hard reset.
It turns off normally when I load it from disc.

Does that give anyone an idea to what to do?

6HyPeR9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay you guys, what if I update through Nintendo to 4.3 and re-hack my Wii with modmii?

If that's a bad idea, I give up and I'll request this to be closed.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
It just seems like there's something I could do, also I just wanna add that whenever I push power to turn off the Wii when it loads a game through gecko/usb/ect that it freezes and I have to hard reset.

^^That sentence didn't really make sense but I'll try my best to understand what you meant.

This will be my third time saying that it sounds like an issue with your cIOS's.

You'd be better off to build a new nand with pune's ohneswartzanegger app instead of updating through nintendo. Not that updating through nintendo will hurt anything, I just highly doubt it will help.

6HyPeR9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

^^That sentence didn't really make sense but I'll try my best to understand what you meant.

This will be my third time saying that it sounds like an issue with your cIOS's.

You'd be better off to build a new nand with pune's ohneswartzanegger app instead of updating through nintendo. Not that updating through nintendo will hurt anything, I just highly doubt it will help.

Sorry I was tired when I typed that lol.
Lemme re-phrase:
After I load a game through Gecko or USB loader and then shut off the Wii(after it's loaded and everything) the Wii freezes and will not turn off. (Green light stays on forever)

So what should I do with my cIOSs? I tried updating with Modmii and always get the same outcome.

Also I thought Nintendo would remove the hacks and I could re-install them and it would work.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I don't know the full technical details with what I am about to say, but this may play a small role. With IOS's and cIOS's (and maybe other types of wad files) there are some parts that are shared parts that don't get deleted or overwritten when installing or uninstalling and IOS or cIOS of the same slot and version number.

I'm kinda talking out of my ass with that, but I just remember reading something about that stuff in the past and that might be partly playing a role in your issue. Maybe someone else can clarify it some more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit