Hardware Wii Modchip

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country
FYI you can flash wiikey with openwii aswell...

My friend flashes his own chips over here, and has installed like 10 mods himself. Lol bugger paying for them
smile.gif

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Volkov said:
FYI you can flash wiikey with openwii aswell...

My friend flashes his own chips over here, and has installed like 10 mods himself. Lol bugger paying for them
smile.gif

So you can make your own Wii modchips easy eh?
Do they work with the newest Wii from Europe?

BTW, does anyone know which serial would be on a Wii I will buy soon in Belgium, Europe?

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You do know, that you need a pretty old Wii for those Modchips to work, right?
Btw. the best Modchip for those drives is YAOSM. OpenWii isn't good at all.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you get a new Wii you can forget about the old selfmade chips. Get yourself a D2Lite or something of that sort.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Slowking said:
You do know, that you need a pretty old Wii for those Modchips to work, right?
Btw. the best Modchip for those drives is YAOSM. OpenWii isn't good at all.

You are wrong. They have exactly the same features, but OpenWii is better due to the more advanced, programmable-in-system ATMEGA8.

tNB

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Launch/early wii: Get a wiikey because they're cheap.
Newer wii: D2pro9 v3: works on anything???

Get a wii-clip, they make soldering 10 times easier and much less chance of damaging your Wii if you're inexperienced with soldering. D2pro9 v3 I think has a couple fo wires you still need to solder but it's not a big deal. wii-clips work 99% of the time without problems.

Don't install anything unless you've done some reading and know what you're doing.

None of the popular clips have any significant disadantages. The only thing that you have to worry about with the popular mod chips are: 1) how much you have to solder and 2) how much they cost. There are rumors of Nintendo being able to detect the wii-key, but they're just rumors, and with custom firmware on the way this is probably not going to be a big deal anyway.

The PIC-mods are cheap as hell but they do require at least an extra day or so of research, getting all the parts for the programmer and junk, and installing the thing. It's really really fun and satisfying if you're into that kind of thing, but the time is not worth the $40 you potentially save if you're not that interested.

Some stores even offer to pre-solder the chip onto the clip, this makes the entire installation process 0-effort, just remember where the screws you took out belong.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So the D2pro9 v3 works on any Wii?
Because I've bought a Wii, and WiiDrives says this:

* There is a 50% chance the chipset is GC2-D2C2 (v2) and the drive has the new metal clip.
* And there is also a 25% chance the chipset is GC2-D2E with the new metal clip.
* Lastly, a 25% chance the chipset is GC2-D2C (v1).

So which modchip should I buy?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.