Not open for further replies.

nloding

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I said this before ... I think the Wii will be the first console I don't mod.

When I get my 360 in the next couple months, that thing will have a firmware flash before it's been on for more than two hours! My Wii ... I think I like it as it is. (Did that sound wrong or what?)

Dee

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe the Mexico article is actually referring to a GC modchip that works on the Wii? I doubt they have a modchip to allow Wii backups to play yet... but I wouldn't be surprised if they have one for GC backups.

LilaQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So someone made a modchip, but they didn't bother making a webpage or selling it to modchip retailers

Actually, they didn't give out any official information yet. I guess they have to do some last modifications or starting the mass production of the chip. Just wait, I guess that thing will be out pretty soon.

Maybe the Mexico article is actually referring to a GC modchip that works on the Wii? I doubt they have a modchip to allow Wii backups to play yet... but I wouldn't be surprised if they have one for GC backups.

That wouldn't make sense. No GC modchip would run on the Wii, and if you managed to make the Wii able to read GC backups with a new chip, than it would definitly be capable of running Wii backups too.

LilaQ

Chiisuchianu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quick, someone laugh at gameJesus' joke before he has a mental breakdown
rolleyes.gif

on further note: ill be buying my wii the day a modchip or exploit comes out
smile.gif

ridgecity

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
suprisingly those mexicans can actually read let alone make a modchip...

I sure hope your girlfriend has never come to Mexico for Spring Break since the american girls get nailed pretty bad over here... I don't know it might be due to our giant penes we have they come back every year, since "what happens in Cancun stays in Cancun" don't you guys like saying that?
rofl2.gif

I don't know why some americans are so racist towards every other race... I've seen african-americans being like that also, and 30 years ago they were still getting the same from white people... We treat everyone very nice over here, not because they are tourists or something, but because were are not about skin colors but because being nice returns nice back. Next time you look for a picture of Jesus try reading the description of the guy, he hated guys like you and made them go to hell, kind of a drastic solution, but since the was GOD guess thats ok...

About the modchip, no way it exists, piracy will make money on whatever they can, grey market Wiis were more expensive than retail stores, so telling people it plays backups would make it worth the extra money without a warranty.

By the Way I'm 25% Mexican, 25% Italian, 25% Israeli and 25% Irish, so I guess I'm a pretty nasty guy but I'm an ecologist, so I can't hate animals...

asher

^ Liar
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
before from maxconsole...and now from gbatemp?
wow... i thought this were far better forums.

unusername

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
QUOTE said:
Me enteré gracias a un artículo del periódico Reforma, que en México ya se puede colocar el famoso “chip pirata” a la más reciente consola de Nintendo, el Wii. Solo pasó un mes para que los piratas del centro histórico de México ya tuvieran lo necesario para modificar un Wii y así vender a 100 pesos los juegos piratas y 1,200 pesos el chip.

(correct translation)
I knew thanks to a newspaper "Reforma", that in Mexico u can put the famous "pirate chip" into the newer console of Nintendo, the Wii. Just passed one month for the pirates of the historic center of Mexico to have the needed to modificate a Wii and then, sell in 100 mexican pesos the pirate games and 1.200 mexican pesos, the chip.

QUOTEMuchos piensan que dicho chip no existe, pero de hecho no es necesario que sea un modchip, puede ser un exploid. Resulta que el Wii usa la misma tecnología de protección que el Game Cube. Lo cual permite ejecutar código no firmado, entonces es posible usar los mismos xploids del GC en el Wii.

(correct translation)
So many think that this chip doesn't exist, but in fact it don't be necesary to be a modchip, it can be an exploit. So, the Wii uses the same protection technology of the Gamecube. Wich enables to execute unsigned code, so it's possible to use the same GC exploits on the Wii."

nevixa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users