Hacking Wii mod chip available soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabinraijin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is exactly the difference between GC and Wii homebrew?
Only the controller?
If so, I would expect a workaround that allows us to control 'GC homebrew' with the Wii-mote and nunchuck.

If I see what they can do with the Wii-mote on a Windows PC....

The difference is that Gamecube and Wii games use different parts of the Wii. It's impossible to use the Wiimote for GC games, though I'm not sure about the other way around since SSBB will be using the GC controller.

sabinraijin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone link me a good soldering kit!

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/tools/69d3/

biggrin.gif

JTLYK, Cold Heat is terrible for pinpoint soldering (such as console modding with very small points) since the iron itself doesn't turn on unless you make a metal connection between its tip's two halves. It's useless for tiny bios points, and screwing those up can easily brick your system.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

JTLYK, Cold Heat is terrible for pinpoint soldering (such as console modding with very small points) since the iron itself doesn't turn on unless you make a metal connection between its tip's two halves. It's useless for tiny bios points, and screwing those up can easily brick your system.

I can verify this, was going to use my cold heat gun when I was workin on the gamecube, but the thing has too clumsy of a tip to be effective in anyway. I took out my 10 year old solder iron with a fine point and worked nicely as before when I did playstations. Cold Heat will be a bad idea if you have difficult points.....of which most mod chips (especially 1st generation) tend to have.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
QUOTE said:
Me enteré gracias a un artículo del periódico Reforma, que en México ya se puede colocar el famoso “chip pirata” a la más reciente consola de Nintendo, el Wii. Solo pasó un mes para que los piratas del centro histórico de México ya tuvieran lo necesario para modificar un Wii y así vender a 100 pesos los juegos piratas y 1,200 pesos el chip.

Roughly translated, it goes something like this: "Only a month has passed since the launch date, and a modchip has already appeared for Nintendo's newest console, Wii, according to an article in Reforma. Only a month was needed for the pirates of the historical centre of Ciudad de Mexico to develop a modchip, which is now being sold at 1200 Pesos per chip, while the games are going for 100 Peso apiece."

...Bla bla bla, yadda yadda yadda, legal ramifications, piracy, intellectual property, etc. etc.

QUOTEMuchos piensan que dicho chip no existe, pero de hecho no es necesario que sea un modchip, puede ser un exploid.

Resulta que el Wii usa la misma tecnología de protección que el Game Cube. Lo cual permite ejecutar código no firmado, entonces es posible usar los mismos xploids del GC en el Wii.

"Many think the chip does not exist, because a chip would not be neccessairy to enable this, it can also be an exploit.

The Wii uses a similar protection as the Gamecube, where the exploit enables launching unsigned code; therefore it would be possible to use the same GC exploit on the Wii."

Well, it's in Spanish, therefore it must be true
wink.gif

Anyone living in Ciudad de Mexico?

nloding

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I find it hard to believe there's a real chip out there that does all that ... perhaps there is a chip, but that doesn't mean it's a true "mod chip". I haven't seen any real news about this except for here.

Anyone have anything more official?

spas

Trophies
XP
Country
1. Day one you buy modchip from online store
2. The money is taken from your account
3. Deilvery confirmation
4. Package on the way
5. Package received
6. Install modchip

And then....

7. NEW Wii Exploit no modchip needed!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: