Hacking Wii Mii in Wii U mode

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello folks!

Looking forward to the IOSU stuff from Hykem I'm thinking a lot about what could be possible (as mentioned in my other thread) and that with a bit of luck the Wii U mode could become the central fun station to play anything from NES over N64 and Wii up to Wii U out of one loader without the need of accessing the vWii mode.
The magic word is injection and since I don't have a Wii U yet (still keeping my bucks for it) I wonder if with injection of Wii games it would be possible to just use the Wii U Mii characters everywhere.

If not there are two big disadvantages:
  1. All Mii characters have to be created twice (in Wii U and in vWii mode).
  2. The limit for Mii characters in Wii/vWii mode is 100 which is quiet low where the Wii U can store 3000 which is great!
The only question is if injected Wii games would be able to handle to handle Wii U Mii characters as they have more features.

Since I don't have a Wii U yet as I mentioned above I wonder how it is in Super Mario Galaxy which is already available as a VC game for the Wii U because as far as I remember a Mii is used for the three ingame savegames.

Can anyone who got this as a VC game on Wii U tell me if there can be chosen any Mii from the Wii U?

Edit: I watched some Youtube videos. It seems like they replaced the Mii heads on the savegame planets with heads from Mario, Peach and so on. That sucks.
Anyone got further information?

Last edited by lordelan,

TheNerdWIzard

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feared that. Then at least we need some Wii U homebrew which is (on every boot) syncing all vWii Miis with Wii U if that's possible.
Of course just this direction. Syncing Wii U Miis with vWii won't work.
You can transfer vWii Miis to Wii U. or do you also want to do it both ways?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16