Hacking Wii Menu Update

antihaxer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I plan on installing the home brew channel via the bannerbomb exploit and then loading games from an external hard drive or sd card. I currently am not at the 4.0 wii menu update, but will all go fine if I update to the latest version of the wii menu?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
if you are on 3.2 install everything needed for the USB Loader to work, and then search and read about the Waninkoko's 4.0 updater, DO NOT try this backwards, as in updating to 4.0 and then trying to install the USB Loader, cause you are going to need to read and search a lot...!!
wink.gif

SonicMC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It can be done either way. I have done it both ways. It wasn't too hard to start with a 4.0 unmodified wii and used bannerbomb to install everything needed for homebrew and usb loader. Just make sure you don't have a LU64 or later wii.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I would highly suggest installing the Homebrew Channel and cIOS, and then use a 4.0 updater (Waninkoko's or icefireicefire's). While you can update to 4.0 via Nintendo, the process can be lengthy to get a USB loader working.

antihaxer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot for the answers! I will go head and install the home brew channel before updating to 4.0. Can the bannerbomb exploit still work if I am not on 4.0? At the mention of my name I am aware that it does not make sense. I picked it because I thought the name would stay unique throughout all of the hacking communities that I visited seeing how anyone who participates in a hacking community normally is not an anti hacker... haha

antihaxer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I installed the usb loader, homebrew channel, bootmii, and ios36. What else do I need to do? I currently want to be able to play snes games, gamecube games, and a link to the best way to update to 4.0. Sorry for the questions , but I see so many threads with so many different answers that I do not want to install the wrong thing. I also want to make sure I can play region free wii games.

antihaxer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the bump, but threads seem to be appearing fast. I just can't find a solid answer to some basic questions.
What does this file do "cIOS36_rev10"
What are wads exactly? They are programs installed as a channel instead of being accessed by the homebrew channel, correct?
I am currently using the latest Uni Loader, will this allow me load region free wii games from usb, sd, and dvd? Will this also allow me to load gamecube games?
I have boot mii installed, cIOS36_rev10 install, and the homebrew channel. Is there any other MUST have things I need to install? Thanks a lot guys.

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SonicMC said:
It can be done either way. I have done it both ways. It wasn't too hard to start with a 4.0 unmodified wii and used bannerbomb to install everything needed for homebrew and usb loader. Just make sure you don't have a LU64 or later wii.

hey what's does lu64 mean? my new system is like that and not a damn thing works anymore is it possible to fix?

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
To my understanding, most Wiis with a serial number beginning with LU64 run into problems when downgrading anything. They can install the Homebrew Channel and IOS16 fine, but cannot be softmodded by normal means. This was obviously an attempt to thwart pirates, but a (buggy) workaround came from SoftMii.

D

Deleted User

antihaxer said:
Sorry for the bump, but threads seem to be appearing fast. I just can't find a solid answer to some basic questions.
What does this file do "cIOS36_rev10"
What are wads exactly? They are programs installed as a channel instead of being accessed by the homebrew channel, correct?
I am currently using the latest Uni Loader, will this allow me load region free wii games from usb, sd, and dvd? Will this also allow me to load gamecube games?
I have boot mii installed, cIOS36_rev10 install, and the homebrew channel. Is there any other MUST have things I need to install? Thanks a lot guys.
What is WADs? Check HSG (My sig), check the WADs section
wink.gif

antihaxer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot, that really helped. 2 last questions. I already have bootmii installed so is their any reason to install preloader? Also I cannot seem to find a download link to softmii for some reason. :?

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
Dialexio said:
While you can update to 4.0 via Nintendo, the process can be lengthy to get a USB loader working.
???

3.4E Wii 2 days ago.

Install Bootmii/HBC Via Bannerbomb. Install IOS16. Install ciosfix. Install CIOS Rev10. Update to 4.0E via Nintendo. Patch IOS60.

Done.

USBLoaders working fine. There's no black art or complication to it. 10 minutes work, if that.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Richy Freeway said:
Dialexio said:
While you can update to 4.0 via Nintendo, the process can be lengthy to get a USB loader working.
???

3.4E Wii 2 days ago.

Install Bootmii/HBC Via Bannerbomb. Install IOS16. Install ciosfix. Install CIOS Rev10. Update to 4.0E via Nintendo. Patch IOS60.

Done.

USBLoaders working fine. There's no black art or complication to it. 10 minutes work, if that.
I was referring to stuff like downgrading IOSes for the fakesigning bug and such. I know, IOS Downgrader or Dip-IOS can be used for the Trucha bug back, but... I'm weird and prefer to do stuff on my own.
wacko.gif

joey2008

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have the homebrew channel, 3.2E and wiikey v1, but can i update to 4.0E just with the normal nintendo updater? Because i heard that you need 4.0 to play zelda: MM vc.

thx.

supagusti

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
joey2008 said:
I have the homebrew channel, 3.2E and wiikey v1, but can i update to 4.0E just with the normal nintendo updater? Because i heard that you need 4.0 to play zelda: MM vc.

thx.

NO - do not use the Nintendo Updates !!

Do just the following:
1. Install BootMii (boot2 AND IOS Install) - If you don't have Homebrew Channel installed yet, use Bannerbomb in conjunction with hackmii installer v 0.2
2. Do a NAND Backup of your Wii
3. Follow the Ultimate Guide (link) to get to 4.0

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
antihaxer said:
Alright, I installed the usb loader, homebrew channel, bootmii, and ios36. What else do I need to do? I currently want to be able to play snes games, gamecube games, and a link to the best way to update to 4.0. Sorry for the questions , but I see so many threads with so many different answers that I do not want to install the wrong thing. I also want to make sure I can play region free wii games.

Seems like you've got too many things on the go.

With the USB loader I think you may have missed out installing cIOS USB2 (google it, easy to find), otherwise highly probable that you won't be able to mount your HDD

Pretty much just install Softmii or MiiWii (I hear your boos and hisses, but its easy to follow), and you will achieve gamecube and region free wii games. SNES emulators are available

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol