Hacking Homebrew Wii Menu Theme Assistance

sketch2k278

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone... I'm doing a theme for the Wii and I was able to change most of the images but the main background (the white part), I can not figure how to edit this piece (last time I themed a Wii theme and post it here was over a decade ago lol... literally) so I'm a bit rusty to say at least. I did searched throughout this site, tried downloading various Wii theming software (Wii Layout Editor no longer seems to work and others) and viewed tuts on YouTube to try to figure this out etc. Is there something I'm missing? This part alone is driving me crazy lol any assistance would be great! Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• Wii Capture.JPG
    Wii Capture.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: poseidondionysos42

poseidondionysos42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey everyone... I'm doing a theme for the Wii and I was able to change most of the images but the main background (the white part), I can not figure how to edit this piece (last time I themed a Wii theme and post it here was over a decade ago lol... literally) so I'm a bit rusty to say at least. I did searched throughout this site, tried downloading various Wii theming software (Wii Layout Editor no longer seems to work and others) and viewed tuts on YouTube to try to figure this out etc. Is there something I'm missing? This part alone is driving me crazy lol any assistance would be great! Thanks in advance!!
Post automatically merged:

Hello sketch. I attempt to modify an existing theme and i have some difficults too^^
But for you i have maybe the solution.
FIRST AND THE MOST IMPORTANT BE SURE TO HAVE PRIILOADER , A FRESH NAND BACKUP AND/OR FOR THE BEST BOOTMII AS BOOT2 OR AS IOS MINIMUM.
You need themii. Cilc file then open and find your .mym. once open , on the left column look all the [simg]. On the right column you have information of the place of the picture and below the target where your custom picture is.
Seek a filepath with \layout\common\cmnbtn_ash_out\arc\timg\my_topBtn_a.tpl
Don't touch File but modify filepath to find the picture you want in correct size.
your picture must be in png format.
Hope it will help you. Maybe you have the solution of my problem. ;) have fun
since your threat is not close you can post question here i will visit sometimes.

Last edited by poseidondionysos42,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.