Sleepwalker

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
marcan postet some pages ago how HBC works. There should be no problem in renaming it's title ID, because the code to jump back to the HBC is in the HBC itself. And thats executed when you close an app. The app itself doesn't "jump" anywhere after exiting.

Well, but DVDX has got the problem you mentioned.

Cooler89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
was there anything new in the system menu 4.1? should we update to 4.1 if your on 4.0 and i know 4.2 doesnt have any new futures, what about 4.1?

Arendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Cooler89 said:
was there anything new in the system menu 4.1? should we update to 4.1 if your on 4.0 and i know 4.2 doesnt have any new futures, what about 4.1?

4.1 fixed some kind of bug with the motion plus video in wii sports resort (that you don't have to watch it every time you start the game) ... don't know if it had any other fixes, but it seems that if you don't have wii sports resort, you wouldn't have to update...

and I read 4.2 fixed some kind of spawning bug for the conduit, but I only read that once, so...

milcoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
zektor said:
milcoi said:
If you have a softmod wii and using v4.1 or lower:

1) Run Hackmii v0.5 and update Homebrew Channel, DVDx and BootMii.

Wenn saying "no vunerable IOS found".
You can fix that quick by running DOP-IOSv8 and installing IOS30.
Press "-" to install previous version 1040.
(It is an old IOS for system menus 3.2, 3.3 and 3.4....and will not do anything to your system. But, it'll allow the hackmii installer to continue)

2) Run Firmware Updater 4.2.

All cIOSes and boot2 version should remain.

If you don't update Homebrew Channel and DVDx first, you will have to use the SmashStack or Indiana Pwns exploit to restore them!

The least thing you could have done was quote my post, instead of copy and pasting it to make it look like it was YOU that wrote this!

it was not my intention to make it look I wrote it...it was just a post with gathered info...

To all:
It's Zektor's info

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I should probably add to use the shopping channel updater by marc before installing Waninkoko's firmware v4.2. This way the firmware updater will skip to install IOS61, as one will already exist with the same version number on the system. The reason you would do this is to hopefully avoid getting the upside down HBC after the Waninkoko updater (since the HBC uses IOS61 in most cases)

weepulization

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did anyone else notice on the wiibrew page, how much more indepth the memo was for the UK
because the british feel they need everything explained twice and thrice times over, with use of the biggest words in the english and many uses of the phrase "and/or"

We as americans love the innuendo of hyphenated words, phrases like behind-the-scene originated here in america so they try to keep their dialogue hip to our culture....FAIL!

and in Japan they're just like blindly do this with no explanation of what we're doing because we know you citizens have no rights! theyre 'like "Update your wii for super FUN time, you have much pleasant fun playing now you update!"

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFL!!!!!!!!!

wiabs1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems like everyone is talking about the wii as if it already had software on it, what about if it never had any at all. Can someone please help and explain the new process when it is available for a old wii with 4.2 that has never been touched.

Thank you.

zerolinks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if i understand correctly. Even a system modded with a Wiikey will still be locked out of playing burned games?

scousethief

Trophies
XP
Country
weepulization said:
did anyone else notice on the wiibrew page, how much more indepth the memo was for the UK
because the british feel they need everything explained twice and thrice times over, with use of the biggest words in the english and many uses of the phrase "and/or"

We as americans love the innuendo of hyphenated words, phrases like behind-the-scene originated here in america so they try to keep their dialogue hip to our culture....FAIL!

and in Japan they're just like blindly do this with no explanation of what we're doing because we know you citizens have no rights! theyre 'like "Update your wii for super FUN time, you have much pleasant fun playing now you update!"

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFL!!!!!!!!!

Wow what a complete arse hole , get a life and maybe a girlfriend then maybe youll see life outside the internet is not exactly how you see it.

perkinsbrandon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
go to http://qoid.us/aad6av.zip and that will give you bootmii dvdx and homebrew back for wii.it works for 4.1 and 4.2 any region.i think 4.0 also.not so sure about 3.x.it worked for me.im on 4.2u.but you have to download hackmii installer v0.5 that just came out.put the boot.elf on your wii sd card.and i told you sight to go to so if you want homebrew 4 4.2u listen.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
next time just edit the post
wink.gif

http://qoid.us/aad6a_v.zip

dediz_seixas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys, I have searched all this thread and could not solve my doubt.

I have:
Wii with Ciclowiz chip
New version of BootMii and Homebrew Channel (installed today)
Waninkoko Custom IOS38 rev 14

I have not installed DVDx.

What I have to do? Just run Waninkoko firmware update?

Thank you
yaynds.gif

Painguy

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
woah its been a while since ive been here. I saw the news and i was like oh crap......uhhhh time to check gbatemp. So regarding the update should i wait about a week or 2 before updating? i want to update even if it doesnt add any new features. Its sad to hear Waninkoko wont be heard from as often. thx

poppy11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Painguy said:
woah its been a while since ive been here. I saw the news and i was like oh crap......uhhhh time to check gbatemp. So regarding the update should i wait about a week or 2 before updating? i want to update even if it doesnt add any new features. Its sad to hear Waninkoko wont be heard from as often. thx
There's really no reason to update, all 4.2 does is try to fight the hackers. But if you have the compulsive need to have the latest version (like me
yaynds.gif
) there's no need to wait, the hackers have already pwned it.

Just:
[*]Go to the current Homebrew channel, click the update, and use the new Hackmii installer to install new versions of HBC, DVDX and Bootmii[*]Use Waninkoko's firmware updater to update the Wii to 4.2 (don't use the official Nintendo updater, it will overwrite your pirate cIOS)[*]Use DopIOS-Mod to fix the issue of the upside down HBC if you have it.
Simples. Took all of about 20 minutes in total. Got homebrew and backups working fine in 4.2E:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZA0ceKgFi4

sonicsleep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I haven't done anything for a while on my wii. I am all the way back on 3.4E.
But it sounds like now might be the time to update to 4.2E
Never installed hackmii, only installed cios rev 10 i think.. never installed dvdx

Couple of simple questions..
If I install the new hack mii, then do the waninkoko 4.2 updater.. is that it? Does the 4.2 update include the latest cios thing so im good to go and play backups?
then I'm good to go? remember i'm coming from a 3.4E

Doing it this way, I can get into the shopping channel again?? Also does this mean no update is required for guitar hero 5?

thanks guys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.