Wii internal memory question

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by gblock247, Oct 27, 2008.

Oct 27, 2008
  1. gblock247
    OP

Member gblock247 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Just out of morbid curiosity....if you can't play VC and WiiWare games off an SD card, other than saving certain game saves and some DLC, what was the point of putting an SD card in in the first place? Nintendo should have known that(and not just us pirates either) that there would be lots of people who would want enough space to have tons of VC and WiiWare games than would fit onto 512mb.....just a couple big wiiware games and 2 or 3 N64 games and your memory is full.....

I read(or heard a rumor, I guess would be more appropriate) somewhere that they may update the firmware to allow this, but how would that work? Would you transfer them from your internal memory to the SD card(kind of like the new Rock Band 2 content would be done). I'm surprised that it's not possible by now....but alas, just gotta make sure that I don't fill up thw Wii with a ton of stuff for the time being lol.

2. jan777

Member jan777 motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz

Philippines
    wiiware wasnt really planned they just kinda thought of it, so they thought 512 is enough for vc games

sd is for backing up your precious saves,obviously

3. DarkLG

Member DarkLG Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!

United States
    it's not a rumor its true Nintendo will release an update that lets you play vc and Wiiware games from an sd card ,but I'm not sure how it will work.