Hacking Wii Homebrew Idea

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has probably been thought of before, and I know some people will see this thread and say "Oh no", but I was wondering how hard would it be to make a homebrew application that would backup all the contents of your SD Card to an online server in order to backup their information just in case the SD card has a sh*t fit? For example: I have a webspace address I can use for uploading data and I can input it within' the homebrew application in order to upload when I choose or even auto-upload.

If this was discussed in the wrong place, excuse me beforehand.
smile.gif

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Uh, why? Can't you just stick your SD card into your computer's card reader and back it up that way? I don't get what the point of your idea is.

derajenator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhhhh... why the **** would you want something that ****ing complicated to do that simple of a task. I think my IQ just went down 10 points reading your post...
frown.gif

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Writing the app would be no problem provided the tcp/web connection libraries do exists. But I guess it would not have so much of a use when you can already backup your sd to your pc, or anything over your pc.

But instead of "all the contents", it would have been nice to have a general web space that everyone put their savegames for emulators and emulator developers added support for loading savegames off the web.

This can be broadened,
For example paint application can access the paintings,
mii installer/extractor application can access the miis uploaded by various people or if you choose only your personal miis.

It's simple yet someone should take the burden of hosting/maintaining of such a site. And it will cost money.

ryutheevilguy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
IMO it would be great having one homebrew showing ALL the tickets installed in the Wii, in order to delete tickets which are not needed anymore (in case of a wrong uninstal, and also for .elf homebrew COMPLETE uninstal). Perhaps this hombrew is already planned.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiCrazy said:
Writing the app would be no problem provided the tcp/web connection libraries do exists. But I guess it would not have so much of a use when you can already backup your sd to your pc, or anything over your pc.

But instead of "all the contents", it would have been nice to have a general web space that everyone put their savegames for emulators and emulator developers added support for loading savegames off the web.

This can be broadened,
For example paint application can access the paintings,
mii installer/extractor application can access the miis uploaded by various people or if you choose only your personal miis.

It's simple yet someone should take the burden of hosting/maintaining of such a site. And it will cost money.
Thanks WiiCrazy, its nice to get an informative response.
smile.gif
Oh and the reason I ask is due to personal preference. Sorry if I had to discuss an idea based on individual preference.
rolleyes.gif

night_chrono

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you going for what DSO has? I haven't used it in a while, so forgive me if this feature was modified or removed, etc etc. Where you could connect over wifi, and download homebrew strait to your micro sd card. Something like that would be great for the wii.

Before that happens though we would need to be able to read and write anything we wanted to the wii's memory. Of course space would become an even bigger issue at that point.

nanika

文鎮じゃダメ!まぁ、こんな文字小さしすぎてどうせ読めないっしょ。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ryutheevilguy said:
IMO it would be great having one homebrew showing ALL the tickets installed in the Wii, in order to delete tickets which are not needed anymore (in case of a wrong uninstal, and also for .elf homebrew COMPLETE uninstal). Perhaps this hombrew is already planned.
I think the application you are looking for is Title Lister.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: idk