Wii Homebrew channel question

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by dan92, Oct 7, 2008.

Oct 7, 2008

Wii Homebrew channel question by dan92 at 5:32 PM (1,017 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. dan92
    OP

Member dan92 GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    Hi, i want to install the homebrew channel to my wii but i have to know the risk first

i know its rlly hard to brick the wii with the homebrew channel but, can it brick my wii if i install an update with the homebrew channel on it?

also i read that the wad installer or something like that is kind of dangerus, what is that for? do i have to install it?

also i saw that there is a backup loader that loads an iso from any cd or something like that (yes im kind of a noob in this), does the backup loader have a risk on bricking my wii? or something like the lens wont work anymore or something? and can i play those games online?

yea i know thats a lot of questions and i know its pretty hard to brick the wii but i have to know this before installing, i got my wii like 2 months ago and i would be so sad if it bricked :

2. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    The channel itself is very stable and safe, as is updating it.
    The wad installer allows you to install pirated Virtual Console and WiiWare games, and to install certain pieces of homebrew as channels in your wii menu. It should be safe, but trying to install a bad wad file may break your wii.
    The backup loader also requires you to install something on your wii, but that should be safe too.
    Most other homebrew is safe without any risks, because they don't install anything on the Wii itself, it just runs from SD.

3. dan92
    OP

Member dan92 GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    Ok thanks a lot bro

4. djtaz

Member djtaz PM's Full - Wadder Me

Ireland
    Haha Dan - your going to know everything by the time you finish on this site.

Well formed questions by the way - no one minds answering decent questions that havent been asked 100 times already , so well done.

5. Zenith94

Member Zenith94 1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz

United States
    Is there something that will tell you if a .wad file will brick your wii or not?

6. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    that would be a nice handy tool, just to make sure:P
    good post Zenith, eventually there probably will be.