wii hardrive

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by ZenZero, Nov 29, 2008.

Nov 29, 2008

wii hardrive by ZenZero at 3:16 PM (877 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. ZenZero
    OP

Member ZenZero GBATEMP's regular arse.

United Kingdom
    ok, as ninty refuse to make a wii HD, why dosnt a 3rd party company make one!. it would obviously make them money.

2. forbore

Member forbore GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Because it wouldn't be supported by Nintendo so it would be useless and if Nintendo WOULD support HD's, then we could use any external HD so no need to make a new one.

3. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    The main reason is that they have nothing to fill it with. The online service is pretty bad and they dont offer demos or anything.
    Also the last time that they sold an add-on foe the console, the LAN adapter, the pirates made more use out of it than any developer did. It led to softmods and exploits to be found.

4. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    I don't like it much, but I'm happier since the last firmware update. They massively sped up SD card download/uploads on it. Before a full size game like Sin and Punishment(40MB) would take 5min to take from Wii->SD card, but now it takes like 40seconds. It's still not a HDD, but at least it's not a painful waste of time anymore either.

5. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    If they would only add SDHC compatabliity, I dont think many people would complain as much. I know I wouldn't.