Wii hacking

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Linkinpark00100, Sep 13, 2009.

Sep 13, 2009

Wii hacking by Linkinpark00100 at 6:26 PM (1,252 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. Linkinpark00100
    OP

Newcomer Linkinpark00100 Member

United States
    I have hacked my wii. I want to download wii games now but with everything written out there im totally lost. Like why should i get an emulator when the wii will play the WADs without them? And i can find some games i wanna get. But they are in like 40 parts on rapidshare? how do you go about that? im just lost when it comes to putting games on my wii if they arnt one solid WAD file. Can someone just break it down for me

Please and thanks

2. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    Do you mean games for wii itself (ISO) or Virtual console/Wiiware (WAD)?

3. MissingNo._

Member MissingNo._ aka MissingNoL

United States
  4. Linkinpark00100
    OP

United States
    for the wii itself. ISOs. How do i go about using them, I used the hacking guide you can find on here, just so you know all the software i have.

Posts merged

for the wii itself. ISOs. How do i go about using them, I used the hacking guide you can find on here, just so you know all the software i have.

5. Neversoft

Member Neversoft GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    The "40 files" you're referring to are rar files. Download and install 7Zip on your PC (or Winrar/Winzip, but 7Zip does the same job and is free). Right-click the .rar file you downloaded, select extract. 7Zip will now scoot through the files and rebuild the ISO. Then you can delete the rars.

(In case you're wondering why the ISO is split into multiple parts, it's so that if part of it is corrupted you only need to re-download the corrupt file.)

6. Linkinpark00100
    OP

United States
    but now how do i go about using them?

7. Linkinpark00100
    OP

United States
    I can find the isos i guess im just confused on what i should do with them, us a usb flash drive or should i burn them and if use a usb what do i use to load them?

8. Synchromatic

Member Synchromatic GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I suggest that you take a look at this. Searching can do wonders.

9. Linkinpark00100
    OP

United States
    thats why im asking bc i have done some research and all it did was contradict one another. So the ISOs that are in parts is there any way to put them back together or can i play the games part by part. i just cant seem to find the answers im looking for

10. quber

Newcomer quber Member

United States
    I suggest you read what has already been written in this thread, the answer is there.

11. luke_c

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    ISOs are big files, they're normally split into parts, in your case... 40... (That's a damn lot) Once you've downloaded all 40 parts, they should be rar or zip files, place them in a folder, highlight them all and click extract here, you should get a ISO file in the end, then burn the ISO file to a DVD+R/-R at half the speed of what your disk supports, then play it on the Wii through NeoGamma or whatever loader you want to use, if you're using a HDD you'l have to format the drive to WBFS format and then put the ISOs on it.

12. jazvdb

Member jazvdb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    i lol'ed