drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I've noticed some games besides Wii Sports that came in cardboard sleeves, and I was curious what the purpose of those was.

One of them is New Super Mario Bros. Wii:

qPZyfKb.jpg

I saw this at a local used game store, and they also have a couple on eBay. Is this how the game was packaged for the re-packaged Wiis that included NSMBWii?

Also - was there ever a manual printed for this edition? The couple I found on eBay mention being just the disc and sleeve, no manual.

Next up is Wii Sports Resort - by itself.

q33rN9S.jpg

I only found one of these for sale - from Canada. Any idea what the sleeve edition is from?

Now, here's the most intriguing one. I really want one of these, but they're insanely expensive.

YzeTHEz.jpg

9umZG8a.jpg

Wii Sports + Wii Sports Resort on one disc. I really want one of these! I saw exactly ONE of these in person, at a GameStop, but they tore the sleeve in half and shoved it in a jewel case. These pictures came from Amazon, and there are a few sellers offering it, but it's also really expensive. I'm really curious what these are from, were they bundled with certain editions of the Wii, or what?

Leo Alves

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I hate these cardboard sleeves, seriously, i bought a Red Wii and my copy of New Super Mario Bros. Wii came with this, i couldn't believe that Nintentdo don't put the regular box or even a special box on a limited edition...

Happens that the cardboard sleeve is a bit outworn now

And the manual... yes it came, is the same as the regular nsmb sold separately, it just came together in the plastics with the wii instructions manuals

There's two Wii bundles i remember know that came with this cardboard sleeves for NSMB.Wii:
Red-Wii-Bundle.jpg

novobundle.jpg

There's also the Wii Family, that came with Wii Party on this cardboard sleeve:
Wii-Family-Pack1.jpg

And the Wii Sports Resort, it came on a bundle when motion plus came out
wii-black.jpg

As for the Wii Sports + Wii Sports Resort i don't even knew that disc existed :blink:

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I don't think we had the Wii Family Edition here - the only one I saw for sale came with Just Dance 4 and it was in the actual case. The PAL one is what you pictured.

So I don't think Wii Party exists in a cardboard sleeve in the USA.

Thanks for the info though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: :) +1