Hacking Wii Full Brick?

Fancdew15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, everyone! I got a BSoD today. Nothing modified that could've bricked it (to my knowledge, my sis might have, but it's unlikely) and it worked fine the last time. I tried to launch to BootMii (I installed it as Boot2), but it's not booting in to BootMii. I have a NAND backup, but can't put it on due to not being able to get to BootMii. Any advice? Thanks!

DaMan4169

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're sure you have BootMii installed as boot2 and you have the correct bootmii files/folder for your Wii on your SD card (making sure you don't have bootdelay=0 set in bootmii.ini file) then it might be hardware failure. BootMii installed as boot2 loads before the System Menu so that's why it is the best brick protection, it will still load and allow you to fix your bricked Wii.

The Wii's bluetooth module failing can cause just a black screen and possibly the wifi could do it also, not ecactly sure on wifi module though.
It is also possible that the bluetooth module just came unplugged. There have been people that reported having an unplugged BT module after their Wii fell or after it had been stored and moved around not so gently. Here is a video showing how to completely disassemble the Wii and another showing a faster way to change BT module.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: