wii formatting

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Anti, Dec 12, 2008.

Dec 12, 2008

wii formatting by Anti at 8:37 PM (914 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Anti
    OP

Member Anti GBAtemp Regular

United States
    after a wii memory format, will i still be able to redownload the games? also, will i have my wii pts? not tht i care that much since i only have 200. also i use wads.

thanks!

2. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    yeah when you format, you can still go & re download those you purchases from wiishop!

3. Valgreen

Member Valgreen GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    see here

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/w...ines.jsp#system

"Wii has two types of data that are tied to your specific Wii console:

* The internal Wii System Memory stores your photos, game save data, messages, address book, etc.
    * The Wii Shop Channel Account is tied to your specific hardware which contains the licenses for your downloaded games, and your account transaction history.

Wii Shop Channel transactions are non-transferable and non-refundable. Returning your Wii console to the store or transferring to a third party without formatting your Wii System Memory or Wii Shop Account account could allow others to see information (e.g., photos, messages, address book) that is tied to your Wii console. Please follow the steps below to delete any personal information. When the steps below are completed, the information erased is not recoverable.

You should format your Wii Shop Channel first, then your Wii system Memory. "

so you can format your wii and still be able to re-download all your legit VC games and wiiware IF you do NOT format wii shop channel. if you DO format wii shop channel then all your points, and account transactions will be ERASED, meaning you cannot go and re-download them. this is good if you sell your wii off to somebody...

4. Pikachu025

Member Pikachu025 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Austria
    Actually, wouldn't the Wii be worth more if you didn't delete that stuff? Just saying.

5. wiibob

Member wiibob GBAtemp Regular

United States
    What hes trying to say is so that nintendo gets more money, so you have to double purchase if you sell your wii to somone. so they get all the money, not the person whos selling it.