Hacking Wii Flow does not show my Gamecube Gamez :(

Der_Blockbuster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I loooooove the UI of Wii Flow, and i really wanna use it, but it doesnt show my Games, GX & Nintendont does work.

Someone know's a fix?

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USBLoaderGX works with with Nintendont, and fabulously. You just need to set it up right (right folder names in "games" directly, change the Gamecube loader to Nintendont in the settings, make sure Nintendont is in your apps folder). If you still want to use Wiiflow, use r1076, not r1054. 1054 crashes the vWii. Also, be careful of other "items" in the mod pack. There are many things in there that will brick your vWii and only designed for the Wii. I also forgot to add that Wiiflow has an annoying bug with Nintendont that launches the games at the wrong resolution and you will need to manually correct it every time you launch a game by pressing "b" (settings) right before the game launches and correct the resolution. It was annoying enough that I stuck with USBLoaderGX...which properly sends the resolution commands to Nintendont. As you can tell I have become somewhat of an expert to Gamecube loading on the vWii :)

Last edited by zektor,

Der_Blockbuster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@zektor Alright, it seems like i have to leave my love Wiiflow...good old Wii times, will miss it.
But with USB LOADER GX do you have the problem aswell that Cover's arent being loaded properly?
It's sucsessfully downloading but doesnt show all...

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@zektor Alright, it seems like i have to leave my love Wiiflow...good old Wii times, will miss it.
But with USB LOADER GX do you have the problem aswell that Cover's arent being loaded properly?

Nope, I do not have that problem at all. Maybe the game folders are not named properly? ALl of my covers work fine, as well as custom banners that GX downloaded.

Wiiunator

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You do not have to leave wiiflow at all.. I got it perfectly working here.. It's pretty great you can use wii u widescreen etc...As well as emunand and all the wiiware stuff, emulators etc... Just download the pack and place in the root of your sd and install the Channel forward made for vwii. For nintendont to work you need to have a folder named "games" on the root of your sd and in that folder you need to have "game title [titleid]" folder and inside that folder rename your iso game.iso and if there is a second disc name it disc2.iso

Also it don't have that game resolution issue here... I've just set the widescreen mode in the game setting of the launcher and it works perfectly everytime

Last edited by Wiiunator,

Der_Blockbuster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Wiiunator The whole pack? ~400mb? Which one? I downloaded it earlier but there was whole of random stuff in it.
What do i have to delete then? Plugins? How did u set it up.

thx for your time and help!

Wiiunator

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@Wiiunator The whole pack? ~400mb? Which one? I downloaded it earlier but there was whole of random stuff in it.
What do i have to delete then? Plugins? How did u set it up.

thx for your time and help!
Yep download the whole thing. There are a few utilities and tools that you don't have to put on your sd (the few top folders) but the rest will have everything you need on there including all the emulators already setup.

You will just have to put your roms in the right spots amongst those folders of course.

In the wad folder you will find the channel forwarder for vwii. ONLY install that one or you WILL brick your vwii. Use a good wad manager such as MMM to do that.

Also just have a good read through adz post as well so you are clued up about what you are doing and only follow vwii instructions.

DO NOT install sneek from that guide, it needs to be modified to work on vwii... However you can install wiiware wad in the emunand folder in your sd or HDD from your PC.

DOT NOT install wiiware wad with a wad manager to the reel nand, you will brick your wii. Use showmiiwads (included in the pack) from your pc and extract the wad to your emunand folder on your SD or HDD (recommend HDD since you only have 2gig on your SD)

Otherwise this pack is pretty much ready to go. Of course you need to install this on a regular 2gig sd card. The GameCube covers goes with the wii covers in the wiiflow/boxcovers and need to be named [titleid].png

Reactions: JohnathanMonkey

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiiflow cannot pass the progressive argument to Nintendont which is what I meant by resolution issue.I'm on a 1080P TV connected via HDMI and if progressive is not passed I get a jacked up picture. Here's someone else with the issue as well:

https://github.com/bram777/open-wiiflow-mod/issues/210

Also, why does he need to extract the whole pack to the SD card? All he needs is the Wiiflow application. I'm still against that pack on the vWii as it contains wads for cIOSes that are not compatible with the vWii amongst other things.

Last edited by zektor,
Reactions: WiiuGold

Wiiunator

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wiiflow cannot pass the progressive argument to Nintendont which is what I meant by resolution issue.I'm on a 1080P TV connected via HDMI and if progressive is not passed I get a jacked up picture. Here's someone else with the issue as well:

https://github.com/bram777/open-wiiflow-mod/issues/210

Also, why does he need to extract the whole pack to the SD card? All he needs is the Wiiflow application. I'm still against that pack on the vWii as it contains wads for cIOSes that are not compatible with the vWii amongst other things.
You are right he doesn't have to if its only for nintendont... However since everything is setup for you with the extra emulators etc... It doesn't hurt if he want to enjoy those extra goodies as well. I wasn't aware of the progressive issue with wiiflow... I also play on 1080 HDTV through hdmi and haven't had that happen to me.. But I always have the resolution set on the game default value in the game settings menu of wiiflow, and choose progressive if available in game eg. Zelda ocarina... Thanks for clarifying

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...