• Start date
  • Views 1,512
  • Replies 10
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted User

OP
Hi!!

My Wii wont load DVD it does a noise twice, sometimes freezes or will display a black screen doing noises first, Also I cant Boot SD Titles, port 0 usb not recognized sometimes!

Any idea why or a suggestion?

Any help from Anyone too appreciated.

So I was so concerned about these things that I posted threads asking for help about ut 3 times and even forgot to say thanks :cry:

Last edited by ,
Reactions: KokoseiJ

KokoseiJ

GBAtemp VOCALOID Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
My Wii wont load DVD it does a noise twice, sometimes freezes or will display a black screen doing noises first, Also I cant Boot SD Titles, port 0 usb not recognized sometimes!
Does it load the disc with USB loaders, but not with Disc channel? If so, It could be caused by console/sysmenu region mismatch. check if your console has region changed before.

If it just doesn't load, well It's time to replace your drive. Wii is very old so It is very reasonable to happen, and you can find them easily at either ebay or aliexpress. You can also get a broken wii with working drive and swap it, and keep another parts as a spare.

USB not getting recognized seems like your drive's problem- Does it happen with every drives you try? Did you try to use a new cable, If you're using HDD? If it always yields a same result, You could try to replace onboard USB ports.

Seems like your Wii has some problems, possibly caused by softmodded in a wrong way. Did you buy a used, pre-modded one?

Last edited by KokoseiJ,
D

Deleted User

OP
Nice. I appreciate you both take your time to reply to this. I didnt wtite this before from how weird this is what lead me to act too stupidly. But truly thanks in advance you both.

how could I restore a NAND Dump in a Boot2v4 Wii?

I had one of when My discs worked in case it be due nand content.

Last edited by ,

KokoseiJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
So how could I restore a NAND Dump in a Boot2v4 Wii?

I had one of when My discs worked in case it be due nand content.
You can install BootMii on IOS. Run the HackMii installer, install BootMii on IOS, boot to it and restore your nand.
Ensure that the NAND Dump is from your Wii, not others.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
Yeah but The case is My Boot2 is v4 bootmii as Boot2 is not installable. Bootmii doesnt allows restoring The nand if is booted as an Ios.

KokoseiJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Yeah but The case is My Boot2 is v4 bootmii as Boot2 is not installable. Bootmii doesnt allows restoring The nand if is booted as an Ios.
Aah, right, you need GC controller to do that...

Well there's not really much you could do. at least off-brand GC controllers aren't that expensive(besides being absolute trash for gaming), You can grab one. It is also useful when you have to access Recovery Mode, so I recommend it.

D

Deleted User

OP
Alright I have an original Gc Controller, it came with My Gc so is very old. What is next?

KokoseiJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Nice!

If I remember correctly, It will prompt you "It is too dangerous to proceed this in IOS BootMii. If you're really sure that you wish to continue, enter Konami Code." Or some sort. Basically all you have to do is to plug in your GC controller in port 1, and enter Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start. This is a well-known konami code, and putting this will start nand restore on your IOS installed BootMii.

D

Deleted User

OP
My fear is if I brick My Wii.

What if I better try things like changing Region, installing Ioss, and removing stubs? :/

Thanks very much for your help!! And for making ne know how to restore nand other way!! Feels good to talk with helpful guys such as You both.

Last edited by ,

KokoseiJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
My fear is bricking My Wii.

I better try things like changing Region, installing Ioss, and removing stubs

Yeah. I thought so too. even though applying MAND backup is considered very safe thing, there's always a chance where it could go wrong.

But then again, Region changing and tampering with IOSes are way much danger. Simple mistake could straight lead your system to full brick or worse, and since Your Boot2 is not vulnerable it won't be easy to recover it. So if you don't know what you're doing, I really don't recommend it, unless you're proceeding with experts.

You could just carry one and use your Wii. since It still can boot games and there are no symptoms of bricks, It is fine.

But if you want to fix it, It's time to get help from other expertises. Run SysCheck on your Wii and post the results here.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SugoiEndeavor @ SugoiEndeavor: What's up bakaz