Hardware Wii dissapointments

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
I'm dissapointed about the languague support. in the most cases, DS games have Multi or at least Spanish support, but... in this case Wii Sports not.
My Wii Menu is in spanish... but the games are english... :-(

(why the developers can't always make multilanguages games... is expensive to have translators???)

VC Games... so cool, but needs wii points - money - $$$, etc... (better use a pc and a emu 4 a old-school experience)

Nintendo forgot that not all the people have internet wireless... or internet wired? they will can think in distribuite or download from nintendo.com the upgrades to the console, or have a demo disco with vc games at the launch day...

it's not released in europe yet!!!! ofcourse the games are in english, you imported one! suit yourself!

kingkong

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
The wiis only been out about a week, you can't really expect everything to be perfect.  Nintendo will release firmware updates over the months to fix everything and the wiifi network will be better.  I'm waiting 6 months before I get mine.  Hopefully it'll be cheaper and all the kinks will be ironed out of it.

Lol, 6 months?? Cheaper?? You can forget about that
rofl2.gif
But seriously, I love my Wii. Haven't got my Classic controller yet but I think its lame that it connects to the wiimote. Why couldn't it be wireless too!!!
hate2.gif

wii is only so expensive cos of xmas and cos it still looks cheap compared to ps3.once people realize wii is only an extended gamecube with a new controller they wont pay 249 eur for it anymore and price will drop. gamecubes go for 66 eur here now with mario kart double dash. nintendo already makes PLUS with wii in 2006 they will just drop price to smash sony totally to the ground like with ds / psp
biggrin.gif

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wii is only so expensive cos of xmas and cos it still looks cheap compared to ps3.once people realize wii is only an extended gamecube with a new controller they wont pay 249 eur for it anymore and price will drop. gamecubes go for 66 eur here now with mario kart double dash. nintendo already makes PLUS with wii in 2006 they will just drop price to smash sony totally to the ground like with ds / psp
biggrin.gif

Saying the wii is an xbox with a better graphics card and a fancy controller is a better description.

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
azndragonguy115: Get a modified Xbox if you want to watch divx. Or build an htpc. The Wii isn't exactly optimal as a media center-type device due to the limited storage space it offers.

azndragonguy115

OP
Trophies
Website
hai-san.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
azndragonguy115: Get a modified Xbox if you want to watch divx. Or build an htpc. The Wii isn't exactly optimal as a media center-type device due to the limited storage space it offers.

yeah that why i was hoping it would have the usb storage support
i have an xbox but its dvd drive sucks ass, and now that my brother friends stole my wires, and 4 controllers, i dont want to invest any more money in it.

M

mario5555

What about the wii made you disappointed?

its a great system but i had issues with
-wii classic controller not working with GC games
-no gc saves on internal memory
-no DVD or REAL mp3 player
-wifi network...i don't think i need to explain

The fact the VC service didn't live up to the hype it was suppose to have and they didn't have an overwhelming amount of games ready for the service on launch.

The paltry amount released was a slap in the face with all the hype that went behind playing ALL the classic games.

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What about the wii made you disappointed?

its a great system but i had issues with
-wii classic controller not working with GC games
-no gc saves on internal memory
-no DVD or REAL mp3 player
-wifi network...i don't think i need to explain

i'm not trying to be a troll or anything. but these things kinda made me sad

what about you guys?

1. Buy a used cube controller at EB games. 7 bucks. I got 2 more for SSBB.
2. Of course, thats what the cube memory cards are for. It would have been way hard to code it that way/
3. You can play vids I believe... and why do you want an mp3 player in it? Use your ipod or computer.
4. Mii parade and pic sending, plus wifi games in 07 = win if you are patient.
wink.gif

For me... VC costs suck, but I'm a pirate, so no biggy.

skywarp

Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Why was anyone expecting the Wii to be some type of movie playing multi-media centre? It has never been advertised as such, and infact Nintendo has stated the opposite, that the Wii would be all about games, not a media hub like the competition.

skylerj

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.koopatorivm.com
XP
Country
United States
My largest concern would have to be the lag you get when using the wiimote's pointer mode. It is ten times more difficult to give it precision control as a result; one of the things the pointer mode is supposed to revolutionize.

Hmm, mine doesnt lag.

The "lag" is actually software that averages out your motions to smooth out the cursor, and it varies. Sometimes there is no smoothing, like in the wii home menus, and thus no lag whatsoever. The disadvantage is that if you are not strictly within range of the sensor bar or are otherwise playing under less than ideal conditions (interference, reflective surfaces etc), then it's possible that your cursor may twitch a little bit. This can be helped by improving your enviroment and adjusting the sensitivity settings.
Sometimes the smoothing is very slight, and thus causes only slight lag, such as the hand cursor in the wii menu sub screen (the one you get when you press the home button while playing a game).
Sometimes the smoothing is very strong, such as in Zelda. Here it's so strong that if you wave your hand back and forth very rapidly, your cursor will start waving in the opposite direction. The cursor works pefectly for what you need to do in this particular game, but there's no need to assume cursors in all wii games will behave in this manner because they don't. It depends on the game.

This is just my layman's observation, I may be wrong.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
dissapointments for me:
1) Region locking
2) I need a stupid, ugly and bad-layout GC controller for GC games
3) The storage can't emulate a GC memory card
4) PC peripherals can't be used with USB

unusername

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I'm dissapointed about the languague support. in the most cases, DS games have Multi or at least Spanish support, but... in this case Wii Sports not.
My Wii Menu is in spanish... but the games are english... :-(

(why the developers can't always make multilanguages games... is expensive to have translators???)

VC Games... so cool, but needs wii points - money - $$$, etc... (better use a pc and a emu 4 a old-school experience)

Nintendo forgot that not all the people have internet wireless... or internet wired? they will can think in distribuite or download from nintendo.com the upgrades to the console, or have a demo disco with vc games at the launch day...

it's not released in europe yet!!!! ofcourse the games are in english, you imported one! suit yourself!

Mine isn't imported.... buyed in a local big store in Chile. Nintendo sometimes will think on people who lives in USA and don't talk English that all...(and South America)

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was dissapointed in Zelda because I was expecting a fully adjustable camera (this is the 21st century, I can't have a damn camera ? ?) and I was expecting to be able to slash left or right according to your swing, but it just recognizes it as 1 button press.

ahzael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So basically, Nintendo said their console was about games and was never meant to be a home mltimedia center, you guys got it out of the box and then started complaining that it doesnt offer HOME MULTIMEDIA SERVICES..........................lol , i feel sorry for your wifes or mums, can't trust you even to go down the groceries shop
"Ehy can you please go down the 7 /11 to get the Milk??"

"here mum, i just got you this nice cheese, is related to milk isnt it?"

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So basically, Nintendo said their console was about games and was never meant to be a home mltimedia center, you guys got it out of the box and then started complaining that it doesnt offer HOME MULTIMEDIA SERVICES

This guy hit the nail on the head with this one. Why complain about something when you knew a full year ago what the console was gonna have and not gonna have. Some people will NEVER be satisfied with ANYTHING
wacko.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1