Wii Disc Drive on. Not booting.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by leonhart83, Aug 23, 2008.

Aug 23, 2008
  1. leonhart83
    OP

Newcomer leonhart83 Member

Australia
    Hey Guys,

I bought a Wii from ozmodchips in June sometime this year and my Wii was modded with a D2pro 9 wire chip. I initially had issues with the modification as I was told the crystal resonator must of moved off in transit. I return it too them and they were excellent with repairing and sending it back. It working flawlessly for a few days until I booted it up and the blue light on the disc drive lit up but did not unlight itself. I powered down, unplugged the power cable from the Wii (pushed the power a few times to discharge the current) and booted it back up and it worked fine. This happened on and off over the next couple of months until about the last two weeks when it would happen at least once a day.

This morning I turned on my Wii and it did the same. I went through the usual process to fix it but it did not work.

I have emailed OZmodchips and I am waiting for their response before sending it back for repair.

Does anyone else know what causes this? I have google around and I have not been able to find any other people with the same issue. I believe that the disc drive is not being detected and is unable to continue. I really don't hope this is common (failure rates) as I play my wii quite a lot.

If anyone knows of any fixes or anything to try please let me know.

P.S - I have looked online to see whether there are any relations to bricking a wii, but I don't get any error messages or anything upon bootup. I don't believe my wii is bricked as I have done nothing to suspect that I just thought I would add that in for the experts on the topic.

2. Volkov

Member Volkov GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Just wait to hear from ozmodchips, that's very strange problem....if it wasn't doing this originally, and after the mod, it could be something faulty, they should repair it

3. SenorClean

Member SenorClean GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Sounds like you have one of the early D2C2 D2pro's, which have some stability issues.

Oz should be able to update it, or replace it with another chip which is more reliable.

4. leonhart83
    OP

Newcomer leonhart83 Member

Australia
    Well I have been away for most of the weekend. I think ozmodchips only work during the week as I haven't heard anything as yet.

On a side note I have noticed that the fan is not on when I power it up. I am not sure at what point in the power up this comes on, but the drive lights up and I can't hear any fans or drive sounds.

Also I bought the console from Ozmodchips premodded. It was fault upon purchase but was fixed very quickly. I have had this problem on and off with the system, but now it has not recovered. I really hope the process is as smooth as it was last time. As I am sitting my cisco exam tomorrow and will be keen on playing some wii marathons.

What luck though........

5. JOCKz

Newcomer JOCKz Member

Australia
    its the D2Pro mate, problems relating to the drive not behaving properly are all over the WiiNewz forums (about 5 pages). Get Oz to put a wasabi v2/3 into it.