Wii d2c chip info needed

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by GeauxTigers, Dec 17, 2008.

Dec 17, 2008

Wii d2c chip info needed by GeauxTigers at 6:30 PM (744 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. GeauxTigers
    OP

Newcomer GeauxTigers Member

Australia
    I did a search and came up with nothing specific to my question...

I have a Wii in which I have the original 20+ wire(maybe 30) D2C Key chip installed...

I'm at software version 3.0u and obviously a MarioKart back up wont play ...I've always used wi u 1.0(?) and removed any updates to prevent bricking the console... and changed any Pal iso's to NTSC

I rented a SSBB disk to do the update...but I am unsure whether or not to do it...

Some questions...

1. Should I do this?

2. Is it safe?

3. Is there a method to use when updating the wii using a real SSBB game?

4. Should I continue patch to remove the updates on all the Iso backups before I burn them...

5. I remember something about the D2C from a year ago when I bought it...that I could play PAL copies with the D2C...so do I need to be changing from PAL to NTSC before I burn?

6. Anything else I need to know?

Thanks for any help you can give me...and please forgive me if this has been played out before...my search turned up nothing specific,

GeauxTigers

2. Wiisel

Member Wiisel GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    sounds like you have a D2Ckey i think the best you can do is do a forum search on Anyregion changer upgrade to 3.2U install gecko to boot imports and block updates

Im not one to mess with my iso's Gecko will block updates and patch the video

sure someone will give you better advice than me tho [​IMG]

3. GeauxTigers
    OP

Australia
    Well I bit the bullet and updated using SSBB and it only went to ver.3.1

but MarioKart works as well as Sim City Creator ...those two didn't work before the update...currently getting a black screen on "build a bear" after selecting start...maybe 3.2 will fix this...

4. Wiisel

Member Wiisel GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    yeah i believe mario kart has the 3.1 update

5. GeauxTigers
    OP

Australia
    I'd like to get to 3.2 so I can install starfall and maybe get some other "coasters" I have to work [​IMG]