Hacking Wii Custom Firmware POC

How many of you would actually use this.

• Total voters

SSAZU-X

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there peoples of the world, this is just a proof of concept custom firmware for the Nintendo Wii that I have been working on.
It is planned to include
  • The ability to play any backup loader (and possibly have a backup loader installed so you can run the games from your HDD or USB straight from the disk channel)
  • Play all homebrew apps and emulators
  • Integrated riiconnect and wimmfi patches.
  • Have an option to hold B on boot to open WiiXplorer (To have access to NAND for potential brick recovery.
  • Have easy installation (installable through homebrew channel) (Or installable with letterbomb)
  • A custom boot intro (Instead of the health and safety screen)
  • A custom Wii home theme (If I can get around to it)
  • Custom ios that will allow for the booting of any homebrew app from the custom boot screen (Hit B for homebrew channel, A for Wii menu, + for Not64, etc.)
Here is the POC video

I have been working on this for awhile so I am nearing completion. Hopefully a release of this around late summer 2018.

Last edited by SSAZU-X,

MeAndHax

Impolite person with some modding knowledge.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, you’re planning a release in 2019? That’s bit too early in my opinion to talk about your work. Also, I would like to hear more details because rn i don’t see anything outrageous that would pull my attention.
How about integrated Wiimmfi and RiiConnect?

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Okay, good, but where is the PoC (?
I don't think OP knows what PoC actually means.

Also, this custom firmware has existed for the last, oh I don't know, almost 10 years.
Everything except the health and safety mod has been done before (and that probably exists as well but I couldn't be bothered to look for it)

Reactions: d4mation

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
PoC??? I see zero proof of concept where are the pictures where is the video of what you have running??? Why announce something that you claim wont be out to next year???

Sorry but we have seen to many noobs turn up on this very site claiming to be working on things when in fact they have fuckin no clue what they are doing.

Last edited by AmandaRose,
Reactions: Lazyboss

SSAZU-X

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
PoC??? I see zero proof of concept where are the pictures where is the video of what you have running??? Why announce something that you claim wont be out to next year???

Sorry but we have seen to many noobs turn up on this very site claiming to be working on things when in fact they have fuckin no clue what they are doing.
I had accidentally deleted the video qhen cleening my computer, so I am making a new one, will put it up shortly.
The reason I put it up now was so that people would know about this project.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The video got deleted while cleaning my computer, so I am working on a new one. I announced it early so people will see what I am currently working on.

So, you’re planning a release in 2019? That’s bit too early in my opinion to talk about your work. Also, I would like to hear more details because rn i don’t see anything outrageous that would pull my attention.
How about integrated Wiimmfi and RiiConnect?
Those are great ideas i actually didn't think about, thanks a ton for the advice. (The POC video got deleted, so i am working on a new one.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there peoples of the world, this is just a proof of concept custom firmware for the Nintendo Wii that I have been working on.
It is planned to include
  • The ability to play any backup loader (and possibly have a backup loader installed so you can run the games from your HDD or USB straight from the disk channel)
  • Play all homebrew apps and emulators
  • Have easy installation (installable through homebrew channel) (Or installable with letterbomb)
  • A custom boot intro (Instead of the health and safety screen)
  • A custom Wii home theme (If I can get around to it)
  • Custom ios that will allow for the booting of any homebrew app from the custom boot screen (Hit B for homebrew channel, A for Wii menu, + for Not64, etc.)
I have been working on this for awhile so I am nearing completion, but do not expect it to be out anytime soon. Hopefully sometime around the second anniversary of the Nintendo Switch.
Using Wiiflow, can do mostly all of these things.

Once IOS 249 and 250 are patched, basically its just to install Wiiflow and configuring it will have most of the capacities.

As for the Custom Boot Intro, that can be managed with a Custom Theme.

Not trowing shit at anybody, just giving my 2 cents here.

SSAZU-X

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think OP knows what PoC actually means.

Also, this custom firmware has existed for the last, oh I don't know, almost 10 years.
Everything except the health and safety mod has been done before (and that probably exists as well but I couldn't be bothered to look for it)
I know what POC means (Proof of concept), the video got deleted so I am working on a new one.
What I am doing with the home menu is completely changing its layout, not just give it a new theme. I will also make my own IOSes to go along with this.

Using Wiiflow, can do mostly all of these things.

Once IOS 249 and 250 are patched, basically its just to install Wiiflow and configuring it will have most of the capacities.

As for the Custom Boot Intro, that can be managed with a Custom Theme.

Not trowing shit at anybody, just giving my 2 cents here.
If you think that you will end up liking Wiiflow better in the end, then I am fine with that, this is just an alternative to other setups.

Okay, good, but where is the PoC (?
Deleted on my computer. (Working on a new one, though.)

Takeshi666

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know what POC means (Proof of concept), the video got deleted so I am working on a new one.
What I am doing with the home menu is completely changing its layout, not just give it a new theme. I will also make my own IOSes to go along with this.

If you think that you will end up liking Wiiflow better in the end, then I am fine with that, this is just an alternative to other setups.
I'm really interested in this. If you really have pictures or even video. (i dont care if its fake .-.) i just like the idea of getting my old wii hooked up again

SSAZU-X

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm really interested in this. If you really have pictures or even video. (i dont care if its fake .-.) i just like the idea of getting my old wii hooked up again
I don't know why that post inspired me so much to do something more with this, but it did. I will try my hardest to make the video release sometime this weeked.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Quite interesting video, but isn't what you showed alreally possible without "CFW"?
:unsure:
Well, a combination of: themes, Priiloader, Crazy Intro, and backup loaders will indeed do most of that... but at least it's something "new" for the Wii (and hopefully less clunky than actually stacking those homebrews)

This sounds to me as a launcher replacement (the last claim of being a "custom ios" would be unrealistic without serious work of adding controller drivers to IOS itself)

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
whats the point for cfw on the wii. people haved hacked it so much that its unessesary.
Because It's Possible (which is a key point of any console hacking scene) and also because random internet guy "SSAZU-X" has the freedom of spending his time on his favorite hobby projects :)

huntertron1

dancing to music!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because It's Possible (which is a key point of any console hacking scene) and also because random internet guy "SSAZU-X" has the freedom of spending his time on his favorite hobby projects :)
k fine ill see whats going to happen with this and a sure hope this actualy allows boot2 for bootmii.(most likely not but it better happen)

SSAZU-X

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
k fine ill see whats going to happen with this and a sure hope this actualy allows boot2 for bootmii.(most likely not but it better happen)
That is the best title I have been called all day.

video quality is bad man... promising work though.
Yeah, I know. I am working a lot on a new trailer.

Quite interesting video, but isn't what you showed alreally possible without "CFW"?
:unsure:
Yes, it is, but it could start to cause problems with people that don't know what they are doing, and I just enjoy modding my wii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)