Wii crashes

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by mayonaze, Jul 17, 2010.

Jul 17, 2010

Wii crashes by mayonaze at 8:26 AM (1,262 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. mayonaze
    OP

Member mayonaze GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Wii crashed twice this week playing wii sports resort. I went to press restart and it went to a black screen both times, green light still on but never continues. Have to hard restart. I'm using 4.2u Bootmii as an ios priiloader with no disc updates/online updates. Any ideas what could be caused this? This has never happened before this week and i have played many many times before! any ideas why this is happening? Thanks

2. rookrook

Member rookrook GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I prob wont be able to help you but for someone to help you you will need to give them more info .like what softmod hard mod your using what cois's you have do originals work ok what condition are the discs if any (if this method is used and not usb hdd the more info the easier to help .

3. mayonaze
    OP

United States
    I did not mod this myself so I don't know allot of those questions! So for cios im pretty sure it is cios249, Like I said this never happened before so yes originals do work. I'm running usb loader gx with a 130gig HDD. Thanks again

4. mayonaze
    OP

United States
    To clarify I pressed restart in the game to restart a game I just played (NOT reset on the wii itself), then it went to a black screen and never restarts, have to power off by hand at the wii, remotes wont power off Twice this same thing. Please any help would be very appreciated!

5. dmonkey21

Member dmonkey21 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hmmm idk what exactly the problem could be... just to be sure it's not your loader I would try a different loader such as WiiFlow. I had used GX for months and switched to WiiFlow because of problems in the loader itself... not sure what else could be causing it, the only problem I have ever heard of with Resort is the MotionPlus video when you first run a MotionPlus game on your Wii.

EDIT: Come to think of it, you said your friend did most of your Wii modding? If this is the case, he may have enabled an alt .dol in Resort to enable the video to be played the first time. I would just check by going into your USB loader settings for Wii Sports Resort and making sure there are no alt dols enabled. If this works, the only final thing I can recommend is to update your cIOS, or try Hermes (IOS 222) instead of Waninkoko's (IOS 249)

6. mayonaze
    OP

United States
    How can I find out what IOS/CIOS I have? When in HBC straight from the menu I have cios38r17 installer already but dont know if its installed or not! Then when I go into the Home brew launcher in the USB loader GX it shows I have the cios 222 installer v4. Again im not sure if i have either of these intalled? Thanks for all your help!

7. dmonkey21

Member dmonkey21 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    EDIT: Wow I just realize I made this WAY to complicated lol. I believe that if you go into USB Loader GX and go into settings, there will be an option for which IOS it uses. If 222 and 249 are both listed, it should mean they are installed XD

8. mayonaze
    OP

United States
    yes that was the easiest for sure! So here is what I came up with.
    USBLGX Settings, under boot/standard- It was on 249, there was also 250, and 222 I clicked on 222. and it says this, USBLGX will only run with hermes cios rev 4. make sure you have revision 4 installed? Why would it say this. Can I just run the installers again? Or do I have to uninstall first? Thanks for the help!

9. dn_angel000

Member dn_angel000 Phantom User

United States
    NO just install Hermes v4 or v5 cause it'll just overite any Hermes install that u have done (If any)!! lol
    If u haven't download and run DOP-Mii and delete IOSs 222, 223 then run Hermes Installer!! lol

10. mayonaze
    OP

United States
    I was looking at the dopmii and it makes me nervous! Why do I need to delete IOSs 222and 223 before running the hermes installer! ( isn't deleting ios bad) You just stated it will overite any hermes install thats done! thanks

11. mayonaze
    OP

United States
  12. EseHomes

Banned EseHomes Banned

United States
    Dude, there was no need to bump your thread. Kinda annoying.

the reason you have to delete those is because those are most likely stubs.

13. mayonaze
    OP

United States
    Whatever Dude!! lol No one was responding so I bumped it. Why did you reply if it was so annoying. I feel bad for you if your annoyed that easily! Thanks for the help!

14. mayonaze
    OP

United States
    So do I have to reinstall priiloader if I'm using Dop mii for deleting stub IOSs? Or is the reinstall only necessary when patching system menu IOS? Thanks for any help (dont want to brick my wii!)