Hacking Wii Corrupt System Files On Boot

Jedi Rainman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been searching for almost 3 weeks and yet I cannot find my exact problem or a fix for it anywhere. My launch Wii has been in it's box for almost 2 years. I just recently hooked it back up so my son could play some games. When I turned it on, it said that I had "Corrupt System Files" so I ended up rebooting it with 'Reset' held in and the problem was fixed. The next day, I get the same exact message, but now, the 'Reset' fix isn't working. I went through the whole process of modifying a GameCube controller and the system posts, at the bottom right of the screen, that I have firmware version 4.1 (USA). I couldn't get anything to work. I ended up ordering a WiiKey Fusion and installed it. I'm still at a standstill. I do remember having the HBC installed. I have burnt many discs with no luck. Is there something that I'm missing or is my Wii toast?

Duckuss_Maxximo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm that's strange. Can you get to the homebrew channel? If so maybe you could use cIOSX and remove those corrupted IOS if that's the case. Idk for sure as the details are unclear. Could you elaborate more or snap a few photos so someone may be able to assess the situation better? I know when they came out with the Youtube channel for 4.3 I installed it from the shop and it messed up my mods but once I used this it fixed everything and I never had a problem with the shop or any updates again. I recently upgraded the Youtube channel not too long ago through the shop without any problems either.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/ciosx-rev21d2x-yet-another-hot-fix.277659/

Jedi Rainman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I power on my Wii, get the system files are corrupt message and that is it. If I plug my GameCube controller into port 4 and hold down the D-Pad, then power up the Wii, I get the 4.1 USA in the bottom right corner on the TV. There is no 'Health and Safety' screen or system menu that loads. Is there something that I'm not doing right or haven't tried?

***I've been trying different programs using an SD card that is compatible plus DVD-R media and I always get the same results.

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plug your gamecube controller into port 4 hold down d pad, When you get 4.1u in the bottom right corner of screen insert mario kart game disc into wii or any other game disc with 4.3 update and it should update your wii to 4.3 fixing your problem. correct me if im wrong

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Burn super smash bros brawl pal patched to autoboot and regionfrii to usa. Then load smash stack pal. Use modmii to softmod the wii again, tell it your wii is 4.1u virgin, use the smash stack pal exploit to load the hackmii installer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...