wii connect 24?

Discussion in 'Wii - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by BillyBoy32, Jul 4, 2009.

Jul 4, 2009

wii connect 24? by BillyBoy32 at 9:52 AM (1,668 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. BillyBoy32
    OP

Newcomer BillyBoy32 Newbie

United Kingdom
    I AM NEW TO THIS GAME, BUT COULD ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO DISABLE WII CONNECT 24, I CAN,T SEE A ENABLE OR DISABLE BUTTON IN THE SETTINGS. ALSO HOW WOULD I SET UP WIFI ON MY WII, I HAVE A WIRED MODEM, COLD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

2. mousex

Member mousex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Pardon?

3. ConJ

Member ConJ The Toker

United Kingdom
    WiiConect24 is there somewhere in the options.

Does your modem have wireless?

4. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

firstly DISABLE THE DAM CAPS LOCK!

secondly read the manual or read Point 3 here

5. XtremeCore

Member XtremeCore GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I think it is under the Internet section. Try searching for it or read the manual.

As for connecting your Wii to internet, there are 3 options:

1. Connect using wireless, if you have a router of cos
    2. Connect using Nintendo Wi-Fi adapter, if yours is a wired modem.
    3. Connect using Nintendo Wii Lan adapter, if your modem is near your Wii

P/S: Pls do not use caps in the forum.

6. nicky041192

Member nicky041192 GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    wii is not a game... its a console. if you dont know how to set up your wii, then your stupid. i believe theres something called a manual/instruction booklet that came with you wii...

7. imapterodactyl

Member imapterodactyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Click on the Wii circle on your system menu. Then choose Wii Settings (not data management). Press the right arrow once. WiiConnect24 is listed underneath Internet. As I recall, the option to enable/disable it isn't available unless you have an internet connection set up. Once you set one up, you can disable it.

Also, if you get a wireless router, setting up your internet is as easy as clicking "wireless" under internet options, and letting the Wii find the connection on it's own. If you want to connect with a wire instead, you'll need to buy the LAN adapter (which is $20 I believe).

Finally, you don't actually need to turn it off; it won't hurt you. Perhaps it will change in the next update, but as of 4.0, the Wii will still NOT update on it's own. You have to accept an update manually. So feel free to leave it up and running if you wish, so that your News and Weather channels etc keep updating properly.

And to a few other posters in this thread: Lighten up! It's entirely possible that this guy bought his Wii used, and it didn't come with a manual. Everyone's so damn quick to bite here; it's ridiculous.

8. bytor

Member bytor GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    He wasn't literally calling the Wii a game, he was using English slang. 'This game'='this lark', or 'this situation'

Calm down chaps, who reads manuals for gawd's sake lol [​IMG]

9. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

1) If you bothered to click my link above you would see it links to NINTENDO'S online help/faq/manual how to setup internet/use/turn on and off 24connect... same as whats written in the paper manual!

2) Its rude for anyone/considered to be bad manners/netiquette to write on any forum in caps noobie or not!

3) Don't tar everyone with the same brush! ......Some of us do actually post real help here!

10. imapterodactyl

Member imapterodactyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I know you do, kobykaan. As for the caps lock statement, you were just a little rough, that's all. This might be the guy's first time in a forum at all... who knows? But I was mostly referring to the comment by nicky041192, which was outright rude and uncalled for.

11. afnuke

Member afnuke GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yes, he only has five post, cut him slack this time. Please leave the caps lock OFF. lol I wanted to add that you need to hold the power button in to get it to go to red, which turns the wii connect off while the console's fan insn't running. I had my old wii for a year and it burned up a week after using wii connect and keeping in stand-by (yellow light). This is just my suggestion, not everyone has had this problem, but I believe its a good idea.