coolmission

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
Hey guys

I haven't posted much on these forums but I've been browsing it for some time now
wink.gif

I've got a technical question for you:

I recently purchased a Component Cable. It is NOT the official Nintendo cable. Anyway, I tried connecting it to my LG Flatron Screen but all I get is sound. Now I know that I somehow have to switch video modes, but is it normal that I do not get a picture at all? I checked several times if my cable is plugged in correctly but it still does not seem to work. I made a pic for you to check the situation:

DSCF1768.jpg

Also, my monitor is an LG Flatron wide M228WA. It has a SCART/DVI/RGB/Component Input so I'm guessing it should work
wacko.gif
Here's a link: Clicky
I own a Pal Wii and I currently have it set to 60Hz. Are there region differences for component cables?

Thanks for your help!

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First, are you in the right display mode with your monitor for component? These should be a source switch or something

coolmission

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
Yes, I can use the Input button on my remote to switch from AV1 to AV2 to DVI to Component etc. I hear the sound but have a black screen saying "no signal".

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country
Make sure you're plugging into "INPUT" on the back of your TV.
Switch the TV to COMPONENT input source...
Most importantly I think is the white cable...That is your sync/black and white, and if you have that in you will see a picture

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Those look like the same cables as mine, and they work fine. As they once said on a programme...Cables don't make a difference to anything, all they do is throw 1's and A's to the TV screen. They tested some £100 ones against some £15 ones...and they were both the same. Anyway.

Are you sure that you've got them plugged into the correct holes? Are you sure that all the cables are plugged into the right holes?

coolmission

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
Yes, I tried everything. Every single combination.I first thought the individual cables were mislabeled (as in green should be blue etc) but nothing works. I'm gonna try the cable on a friends TV, and use his cable on mine etc to see if it's the monitor or the cable thats causing the trouble.

Thanks for the help

If anyone has a different solution, I'd be glad if you'd share it with me. Thanks
smile.gif

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
just hit the tv/video button on your remote if you have it hooked up right, its not on the same channel as it would be with official cable, and i have these exact cables, and for any doubters, it is a great improvement, colors are much better, and you will easily see stuff you wont see with reg cables, also make sure to edit your wii system to hdtv in the wii options

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Kaden maybe contact the staff? I don't know how all that works