Wii Chrom case doesnt fit!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by CheatingSoi, Sep 17, 2008.

Sep 17, 2008

Wii Chrom case doesnt fit! by CheatingSoi at 2:03 AM (1,532 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. CheatingSoi
    OP

Member CheatingSoi Graphic Designer

United States
    I got a Chrome wii case and green led and i tried to get the led on but the wires were too big and one of them snapped so i gave up with that. So I spent like 3 hours opening up my wii and putting it all back together in a new case . I tested it and everything and drive and the wii itsleft works. I was so happy i didnt break it. But when I got to put the top part of the case on. IT DOESNT FIT. Iv been trying forever and It wont fit. by now the case is all scratched a d fingerprinted up and i lost and stripped some of the screws. That was the most frustrating moment of my life taking it apart and putting it back together. And now it looks like im gunna have to do it all over again because teh case wont fit. I dont know if it it the case that was just made wrong or if i didnt screw stuff tight enough. I know it is the metal case on the dvd drive that is causing it to bulge. If i took that off it would probably work fine but it is probably important. Also I just feel terrible now. I just wish I never installed this case. If I went and took it apart again id just loose more screws and run the risk of breaking stuff all over again. Does anyone know what to do?

2. DaMummy

Member DaMummy GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    yea work in a clean area, with a small box to keep screws in, and use an instruction manual on how to disassemble and assemble the wii, any further questions, google knows all

3. CheatingSoi
    OP

United States
    I dunno why but i feel so depressed now. I have been working and now trying to fix the wii scene i got home from school at 4 till 9:30 and now my wii barley works and theres a bunch of screws missing and I feel like its gunna stop working soon. Right now its held together by 2 screws. one side is chrome and one is white and nothin else fits on it. even with the entire original casing. To press the buttons i have too use a pointy object like a pencil and teh disk drive is wobbly cuz the rubber things came off. so its kinda just sitting there half taken apart and thats gunna have to be how I use it and I just wish i could go back in time a few hours and tell myself not to even try. what makes me feel worse is that my mom stood in line for hours at a time to get me this thing for christmas. I didtn mean for it to be like this. I wish I could just send it to someone and they could just fix it cuz i dont even wanna look at it anymore.

4. Tomobobo

Member Tomobobo Champion.

United States
    Jesus christ man. That's out of control. Next time you open your Wii, draw on a piece of paper an outline of the top, front, and bottom of the wii with little markings for where the screws go (and what type of screws they are) and then use scotch tape to tape the screw where it goes.

The rubber washers aren't necessary, you can still just screw your drive down. In fact, the screws aren't even necessary. About the only needed screws are the four on the "bottom" of the Wii, the ones that hold the case together, and the two that keep the faceplate on the front of the machine. Those two are both phillips head, and they're the smallest of the screws.

Take it easy next time man, don't go wild and start throwing screws around.

5. Zanonymous

Newcomer Zanonymous Advanced Member

United States
    Wow that's bad. Use a ruler for measuring many things to make sure it'll fit, but I guess that was uncalled for and weird if a case doesn't fit, but if that happened to me I'd put back on the white shell..unless it took all day.

6. CheatingSoi
    OP

United States
    I prolly will put the original shell back on but something got messed up where the front panel doesn't fit anymore. I dont get why. But no matter what i move around it wont fit.

7. Zanonymous

Newcomer Zanonymous Advanced Member

United States
    If the same top part is the same thing you mean as the front panel then the case you bought may not be messed up.

8. DaMummy

United States
    next time make sure youre not high when working on electronics, or anything that requires actual thinking...

9. Brian117

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States

Sorry but that was the funniest thing in this thread...

and possibly the true fact. Sorry, lmao.

10. DaMummy

United States
    you cant look at the pic in his avatar and not be able to tell that hes retardedly stoned 24/7...

11. HaTaX

Member HaTaX GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Cheer up, I've modded quite a few friends Wiis and had more then one "ohhh shit" moments. As long as it's still feeding disks and such it's fixable. I'm sure you can find someone around here that could finish the install or case mod for you.

Heck I'd even do it if I was into that stuff even part time or I lived close by.

Nice to see you have sentiment towards it though as it was a gift your mom worked for, kudos for that. [​IMG]

12. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    if the front doesnt fit then maybe the metal cage is bent a little.

13. Sstew

Member Sstew GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.

United States
    Hahah, Wow maybe next time you should keep better track of the screws and parts.

14. Tichinde925

Member Tichinde925 Marth Ditto Money Match?

United States
    Print out the manual / picture instructions for the dissambley.

As you unscrew, Tape/Place the screw on the picture. This is the best method for keeping track of where the screws go.

The most absolute safest mtehod in puting on a custom wii case is to only install half of the case.

Meaning, the right side is the only part that is changed.

With that, you wont have to touch the DVD drive or the motherboard. You just unscrew the case and replace the right side only.

From there, you could just paint the other side so that it matches or keep the two toned color of White + Whatever custom wii case color you want.

15. DaMummy

United States
    you cant paint a white case see-through

16. Tichinde925

Member Tichinde925 Marth Ditto Money Match?

United States
    Who said anything about see-through?

The Chrome Case = [​IMG]

You could paint the other side to match the chrome.