Hacking Wii Cheat Thread

hjfbv1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok seriously why doesnt anyone upload the .gtc files? i think it would be easier and would make the need for the pc app obsolete:P

just wondering if there like some protection on the files or sites wont accept it or something.

dahun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the reason plp just dont upload the .gct files is because u cant change the codes once their there u cant turn them on or off

thats the whole reason behind the pc app

hjfbv1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uhhh that.. makes sence
frown.gif
im so sad, they should port the program to the wii, that would make even people with a pc happy that they never have to leave their wii

shark2003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mr.Guy said:
Wheres the Metroid Prime 3 cheats??!!

I tried to find cheats last night,but sure enough after I do my first memory dump with WIIRD the Wii rebooted,if I left WIIRD running it would get through a second search and didnt reboot but eventually it just locked up the game,it usually only takes about 3 searches for simple codes like infinite energy,but I think that it may be being stored in memory as 32 bit instead of 8 or 16....I got frustrated between the game locking up or rebooting...I may try again this weekend...I may need plenty of beer for patience though....LOL

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
---------------------------
UPDATE - 7/31/08
---------------------------
New Games:
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (US)
Wii Play (US)
Resident Evil 4 (US)
Samurai Warrior: Katana (PAL)

New Codes
Mario Kart Wii (US)
----------------------------

Killer Phantom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arm the Homeless said:
I never saw the WarioMan cheat?
Wow me.

I'm totally using that.

Just use character modifier code, look for Wario-Man's digit.

Downside is, game will freeze if he wins(like Giga Bowser) and if he dies once/use a smash ball during a match, he'll be reverted to normal version, same goes for Giga Bowser except for dying part(he'll stay as Giga Bowser as long as you don't touch Smash Ball).

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
In depth usage guide:

This program will allow you to use cheat codes on your Wii games.

What you need:

Ocarina (downloads above)
1 SD card
Homebrew Channel installed (there are 8,429 threads on how to install it, use the search button!)
The game you want to cheat in.
1 PC (laptop or desktop) running Windows or Linux with Wine.

How to cheat.

First, download the files above. Then extract them with your favorite extractor (if you don't have one, get WinRAR). Open program codemgr (skull icon). Now you'll have to open the codes you want. They are all named with the 4 letter game code, so do a search online (google!) for your games code, or just randomly open them up to see. Select the codes you want (by placing a check mark in the box next to it). When your done selecting codes for that game, at the VERY VERY BOTTOM, there is a LONG button named "Export to GCT". With your SD card connected to your PC, press this button, and select the SD cards drive letter from the drop down menu. Press STORE, not Store to File. When you've finished for all your games, take your SD card and put it in your Wii, boot up the HomeBrew Channel, launch Ocarina, pop in your game disc, and cheat away!

Frequently Asked Questions;

Q : When will codes for xxxxxxxx be out?
A : When ever you make them, or someone finds time to make them. When datel makes cheat codes, they have hundreds of people working on it at once, with almost unlimited financial resources. Right now, the only people that are working on Ocarina are regular people like you and me.

Q : Can I play my backed up or copied game with this?
A : NO!!!! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!! STOP ASKING!!! look at my avatar!!

Q : The game xxxxxxxx crashes when I try to play it! WTF! FIX IT!!
A : You've either selected too many codes, or have a bad code selected. Try the game with fewer codes enabled, and if it's still crashing, you'll have to try each code separately.

Q : Can I turn on and off codes from my Wii?
A : No, not yet. You can only select the codes on your PC. There is no "On the fly" code selections yet. This is still very new, so it's not like a GameShark yet.

Q : Where's the online codes for Mario Kart and Brawl?
A : You can't cheat online yet, if ever. Cheating online means sending the cheat codes along with all the other data. When that happens, Nintendo's online servers drop your connection. Basically, you'll never get an opponent. Plus, online cheaters suck!

Q : How do I use Gamecube cheats?
A : You need to decrypt the Gamecube cheats with gcncrypt, take that data and use WiiRD to convert it to the TXT file needed for CodeMGR. (A full guide will be posted later) Credit for this goes to dahun
Nice guide!
smile.gif

I"m been busy playing with your code!:gba:
I just want to also cheat on gamecube, but don't know how. I'm been waiting for a guide for it. Can someone please teach me how to add gamecube codes? Also a way to play cheat on backup games? Thanks.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jundeezy said:
Can you state what you need help with?
Nice guide!
I"m been busy playing with your code!:gba:
I just want to also cheat on gamecube, but don't know how. I'm been waiting for a guide for it. Can someone please teach me how to add gamecube codes? Also a way to play cheat on backup games? Thanks.

Jundeezy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well it says from the 2nd post:

Q : How do I use Gamecube cheats?
A : You need to decrypt the Gamecube cheats with gcncrypt, take that data and use WiiRD to convert it to the TXT file needed for CodeMGR.

First get the cheats. Get gcncrypt, decrypt it, get WiiRD, convert it to a TXT file like all the other cheats are for CodeMGR.

I basically just said what the answer said...

and I am not sure about backups as my wii doesn't have a modchip

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjy9nc5QwBY