Wii bricked, sorta. Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Cheeseduck Bananacake, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Cheeseduck Bananacake
    OP

Cheeseduck Bananacake Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 24, 2013
    United States
    So, I have a bit of a strange problem. I have boot2 Bootmii, cIOS, and a bunch of other mods on my Wii. It was turned portable about a year ago and worked flawlessly up until a few days ago. While I was playing SSBB, the battery conked out (this was pretty typical, and had happened a bunch of other times). I didn't think much of it. A couple days later, I tried to use it again. For some reason, the Wii could enter Bootmii and the Homebrew channel, but the Wiimotes refused to connect in HBC. If I tried to enter the actual Wii menu, I would just get a black screen and the Wii would freeze up. I've tried replacing the SD card, restoring the NAND with Bootmii's backup, and switching out all of the cables. So far, nothing's worked. My guess right now is that the bluetooth module might have unseated itself, but I want to get a bit of extra advice before I tear my Wii apart to get at that. Any advice?

2. JPnintendo

JPnintendo GBAtemp Regular

Dec 3, 2009
    Argentina
    It is the bluetooth module, sysmenu does not boot when it is damaged. HBC and Bootmii can boot, but without module your wii motes wont work.

3. Cheeseduck Bananacake
    OP

Cheeseduck Bananacake Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 24, 2013
    United States
    Great, that did the trick! I replaced it with a functioning one from another Wii and it booted right up. Thanks for the help.