Wii brick with ModMii...?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Zelekhan, Sep 21, 2012.

Sep 21, 2012

Wii brick with ModMii...? by Zelekhan at 7:19 AM (2,429 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Zelekhan
    OP

Newcomer Zelekhan Newbie

Canada
    Hi,

I'm new with Homebrew but have been trying to get Wii backup and Wiiware playing capabilities the last couple of days. I've tried numerous programs but nothing seemed to work, so I tried ModMii in order to try getting Wiiware to play, which seems to be highly recommended in this forum. I installed the UNEEK+DI/nand backup per the guide, including Multi-Mod Manager, went into the WAD manager and installed my Neek2o.wad. I then tried to run the installed Neek2o program off my system menu. Now, when I boot up, the Wii gets past the health screen because my Priiloader auto-clicks it, but it won't respond to my wiimote at all. It's just stuck on the system menu (with the system menu jingle playing). Games show up on the system menu when I insert discs, but that's about it. I have 4.3U, Priiloader is installed (and is responding, unlike everything else), I have cIOS249/56 and 250/57 and I have my nand backed up on my computer. I'm sick of trying things and getting no results right now, but I need to make sure I at least get this right. How do I restore this thing? Could someone please help? And also, could someone point me to a full guide of how to use ModMii for Wiiware? The recommended forum posts and even the ModMii website don't seem to give any instructions beyond loading up the copy to SD and copy to USB folder. And I'm obviously not on the right track on my own as is.

Many thanks.

Z

2. daxtsu

Member daxtsu -

Antarctica
    "Won't respond to my wiimote at all"

3. Hielkenator

Member Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    First of all Modmii is not intended for piracy.
    Installing wiiware games you did'nt pay for is illegal, do not ask for help about that here.

About the reason your wiimote does not sync, you probably have a newer wii mote incompatible with some of the homebrew. contact XFlak for help about the matter.

4. diddy81

Member diddy81 Wii Theme Team

United Kingdom
    try resyncing the remote if that doesnt help hold the sync button down for 60 seconds then reboot the wii and sync the remotes again

holding the sync button clears the file that holds the remote information

5. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    Depending on your configuration, your Wiimote may be synced to either your emulated nand (i.e. uneek+di), your real nand, or both. If at any point your wiimote isn't responding, just try resyncing it.

You can extract WiiWare you've legitimately purchased from your nand.bin backup using showmiiwads. Then you can use showmiiwads or ModMii to install the backup to your emulated nand. There's more I could say, but my goal is to avoid helping you pirate just in case that's your intention.

You ask, "how to restore this thing", why, your nand backup and bootmii of course. That being said, u should avoid restoring nand backups to fix small issues. If you don't have bootmii installed as boot2, u are taking a small risk of semi-bricking everytime you do a nand restore (risk of power failure\loss).

Also, just so we are clear, this issue was not caused by running ModMii\uneek.

6. Zelekhan
    OP

Newcomer Zelekhan Newbie

Canada
    Re-syncing worked. Thanks!

I will reserve the questions I have about playing backups of my games for other sections.

7. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    You're welcome... and no offence but it's kinda sad you didn't think of that when you couldn't get the wiimote to connect the first time, no biggie though :D

8. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    I was also going to suggest resyncing after the first post. You've built and started using a completely new NAND. That makes it pretty much a completely new wii to begin with. As such, things like wiimotes tend to have to be resynced (same thing as if you want to try your wiimote at a friend's house).

And I'm afraid going by hearsay from others tends to lose context. Strictly speaking, Modmii in itself isn't a hacking tool: it "merely" provides the files and the information to all the tools you may need (1). That also means that an issue with modmii is only seldom an issue with modmii itself. What you're doing is pretty much the same as asking microsoft how to fix an issue in firefox (if you installed it on windows). Or asking google a question on how to properly use a random app from their play store.

(1) I have to note that modmii is A LOT more advanced than this may sound. Keeping track of the updates of all sorts of files, adding a basic GUI to some command-only files, basic tutorials...Christ. It's a wonder people managed to hack their wii's before it came around. :P

1 person likes this.
  9. shortz1994

Member shortz1994 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    for me it was hard work an a lot of patience (this i lack of course.). i didn't find modmii till almost two years ago.(well it found me. :D ). the only thing i had going on, was homebrew channel, an wiimc, an 1 emulator. an that was it for 2 years.

1 person likes this.
  10. slingblade1170

Member slingblade1170 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I modded my Wii before the HBC was even thought of by team twiizer. You had to use the twilight hack and for every code you wanted to run you had to throw Twilight Princess in and run backwards. It got really exciting when Twiizer released a temp HBC but it had a time limit of 30min and it was ugly because it had no banner or icon. Now all you gotta do is run ModMii or Pimp my Wii and a few button clicks and you are good to go.