OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello there. So, this is what happened:

- I decided to play my old wii (v4.1)
- Everything was doing ok, except for Mario Power Tennis (gave me black screen everytime) , and I saw somewhere on the internet that the game required to be launched with IOS222.
- I entered USB Loader GX, went to mptennis , and I selected "ios 222' in launch options or however it's called.
- Now Wii gives me a blackscreen upon startup, and won't connect to any wiimote. I can turn on the console using the power button on the wiimote,but afterwards it won't connect.
- All i know about this wii is that it is on 4.1 , and i was using USBLoader GX. I don't have any NAND backups or so.
- I tried:
>turning it on and right after pushing the power button i held the reset button : nothing happened.
>turning it on without usb stick / without sdcard / without both / with both : nothing happened.

I don't have any disc games here, because i started playing backups from usb as soon as i knew that the optical drive on this wii was broken/faulty.
I don't have a GC Controller either.

I don't really think that it is permanently bricked just because i decided to use that IOS(222). I mean, i wasn't trying to install anything, just trying to run a game.

Please,can someone help? Many thanks in advance.

homigura

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well go to the bootmii website extract the files to your sdcard and try turnon your wii... If you intalled bootmii via boot2 you can fix your wii :)

I tried that.... Nothing happened. Do i need to press some button or something else?

homigura

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Do you think that it could work (gc controller thing) even if after trying all those stuff i had no success?

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when did you mod this? Did you make a nand backup? Do you have it? Ios 222 won;t brick the Wii so something else was done. Is priiloader installed? Priiloader can take a second to initiate, when you power down hold rest and press power and continue holding rest for a few seconds (do 10 to be safe) what happens? If you are still getting black screens you will need the update through recovery menu using a GCN controller(savemii frii)

OOPS savemii frii need disc like the post says.hmmm

tozevleal

Probably the last VinsCool lonk clone :P
Trophies
Website
www.tozeleal.orgfree.pt
XP
Country
Portugal
when did you mod this? Did you make a nand backup? Do you have it? Ios 222 won;t brick the Wii so something else was done. Is priiloader installed? Priiloader can take a second to initiate, when you power down hold rest and press power and continue holding rest for a few seconds (do 10 to be safe) what happens? If you are still getting black screens you will need the update through recovery menu using a GCN controller(savemii frii)

Maybe he needs to buy a new motherboard :S

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Maybe you can swap another wiis dvd drive just to unbrick? youll beed a tri-wing screwdriver but its very easy.

Reactions: tozevleal

homigura

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, i remembered something else : The same post said that i would need to turn ocarina on and off in order to use mptennis , and i did so, but i didn't had the file, so i connected the wii to the internet and downloaded it via USB LOADER GX. Game didn't run, i restarted wii and everything was working.
Afterwards, i was just thinking about what could i do and i entered the 'theme' section on Usb Loader GX. i saw like 8 themes, i didn't download any,just saw them on the catalog. I pressed + to go right and - to go left on the catalog. When it reached the first theme pages , i clicked - again and it gave me an black screen with some stuff written...
Restarted my wii, and everything worked normally. now, then i changed the 'launch with ios 222' thing, the game did not run and when i restarted it ,i got my actual state: Black screen, controllers won't connect.

homigura

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I tried putting bootmii on the sd, powering up and holding reset button, hold reset button and press power button.... Nothing seems to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16