sidglide

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
  1. Hi Guys,

I have an old wii which I bought long back, it was an initial release of the Wii. its a Japanese version.
    I had modded it into a US wii using one of the hacks which allowed to change region and language.
    It was pre modified using one of the drive mod chips wiikey which allowed it to boot backups hen I bought it and also made it reign free.
    Now once the homebrew scene exploded with hacks and crack with all sorts of loaders, home-brew loaders etc I soft moded it for playing emulators.

I had stopped using it in a very long time now and it has been gathering dust. But it had already stoppedsgoing into tge main wii menu. II hav friend who has a 3year old son. so I thought let me put it to use and give it to the little guy. but once I turned it on either it goes into Bootmii menu (installed as boot2) or if I select wii from the selection screen it goes into a black screen.

I read on GBAtemp that it might be bluetooth issue so I ordered one of the bluetooth modules off AliExpress and changed it myself. it made no difference.
    Then I thought of creating a new Nand using the onschwarzenneger tool from old nand backup. I created one and flashed it it still has made no difference.
    Guys can you please suggest a way of getting around. My friends 3 year old son will love having it.

Cheers,
    Sid

sidglide

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I restored my old nand using bootmii. Bootmii did not accept the old nand. So i created a new one using ohnesschwarzennger tool. After the flashing goes successfully, i still get the black screen. I check the new name created on the top using flash toolz, it did not report any bad sectors. However when i restore the making of the bad sector is Same as the old nand.
Should i buy wifi card and Try restoring that.

Nuckels

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
I restored my old nand using bootmii. Bootmii did not accept the old nand. So i created a new one using ohnesschwarzennger tool. After the flashing goes successfully, i still get the black screen. I check the new name created on the top using flash toolz, it did not report any bad sectors. However when i restore the making of the bad sector is Same as the old nand.
Should i buy wifi card and Try restoring that.

Tried following this?

sidglide

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hey Guys,

Posting after a very longtime. I was able to troubleshoot the problem.
It was the wifi card which was loose and was preventing the wii to boot.
Hope this can help someone.

Cheers,
Sid

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...