Hacking Wii Black Screen Help

razielleonhart

RazzyDee
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So my fiend picked up a Wii very very cheap and when it got plugged in it just goes to a black screen. But the Wii motes sync and i can feel it moving around the menu. i believe its at a stock. there is no NAND backup. is there anything i can do to fix it

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What connection is used? Composite? Component? Try this,

- Power on Wii, give it a few seconds to boot
- Hold DOWN on the directional pad of the Wii remote
- While holding DOWN, press the RESET button on the Wii

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have a fiend? What's his name? Only thing I can think of is that the AV cord is plugged into the wrong socket. Are you getting sound?

lastninjagaijin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Grab an RCA wii cable to test if the component output ports are fried or not..

Maybe your television can't display what it is set to? Try different settings on your TV for NTSC, PAL, 50hz, 60hz etc..

razielleonhart

RazzyDee
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Grab an RCA wii cable to test if the component output ports are fried or not..

Maybe your television can't display what it is set to? Try different settings on your TV for NTSC, PAL, 50hz, 60hz etc..

i know these cables are not cooked as i use them on my Wii. is there something i can put on a SD card and boot into something so i can try and restore the Wii

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i know these cables are not cooked as i use them on my Wii. is there something i can put on a SD card and boot into something so i can try and restore the Wii
You know it doesn't sound like a software issue. You said Wiimote synched and you can feel it moving through Wii Menu, that tells me that Bluetooth module is not broken and Wii successfully booted into Wii menu.

Plus you reseted the video settings, which means it drops back into 480i. So that can't be a TV issue either. Cable is not broken, as you tested it on another Wii.

It sounds to me like AV port is broken, which is a hardware issue. Flashing NAND and restoring Wii only fix software issue.

razielleonhart

RazzyDee
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You know it doesn't sound like a software issue. You said Wiimote synched and you can feel it moving through Wii Menu, that tells me that Bluetooth module is not broken and Wii successfully booted into Wii menu.

Plus you reseted the video settings, which means it drops back into 480i. So that can't be a TV issue either. Cable is not broken, as you tested it on another Wii.

It sounds to me like AV port is broken, which is a hardware issue. Flashing NAND and restoring Wii only fix software issue.

thanks for the help i will tell my friend to just can the system then

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated